Hi, new here

Anyway, I bought a schecter damien elite about 5 months ago, and now I suspect that the sound the comes out of the amp when I'm playing is a little weaker that it used to be.

So I thought that maybe it could be because I need to change the EMG active batteries for my guitar? almost 5 months have been and I've been playing a lot.

And another thing I wonder about, is if I'm gonna need soon to take it to a set-up..I haven't done it at all by now. I'm kinda scared for my guitar..\: It's my first electric guitar btw

What do you think?
Open the battery compartment and change them. That's something too easy to screw up. As for the setup since it's your first electric you should take it to a tech. You can also learn to do it by yourself if you are willing to spend some time.
Quote by Deledhel
Open the battery compartment and change them. That's something too easy to screw up. As for the setup since it's your first electric you should take it to a tech. You can also learn to do it by yourself if you are willing to spend some time.

But do you think it's time to change batteries?
And should I already think of taking it to a setup?
Quote by amit.dor.96
And should I already think of taking it to a setup?

Ideally do both things.

Only don't take it to someone to set it up for you, learn how to do it yourself.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by amit.dor.96

Why does it matter?

Change the batteries, if it doesnt make a difference then you know they didnt need changing.

Although it's likely that the strings need changing more than anything else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^Agreed. Asking us if the battery needs to be changed is silly when you can find out for yourself.

If you've been leaving the guitar plugged in when you weren't using it, that will drain the battery faster.
I knew about it so I made sure to not do it. But anycase I've been playing a lot so it could have got drained by that.

Btw, just wondering, what could happen if I don't send it to setup (or do it myself)?
Nothing. It's not going to cause damage to the guitar unless your neck is hugely warped, but if that were the case it would be unplayable. This isn't like changing the oil on your car. A setup just gets everything working nice and smooth, so the guitar will play and sound a bit better.

You also don't need a setup every five months. Most people get a setup only as it's needed or if they have some other work done, like a fret dress or a repair or electronics work. I haven't heard of anyone who gets a full setup more than once a year.

Take a look at the setup sticky, learn how to do it yourself, and then you'll be able to keep an eye on things and know if something needs to be tweaked. Usually just a quick intonation and action check whenever you put new strings on is all you need to do.
Quote by Roc8995
Nothing. It's not going to cause damage to the guitar unless your neck is hugely warped, but if that were the case it would be unplayable. This isn't like changing the oil on your car. A setup just gets everything working nice and smooth, so the guitar will play and sound a bit better.

You also don't need a setup every five months. Most people get a setup only as it's needed or if they have some other work done, like a fret dress or a repair or electronics work. I haven't heard of anyone who gets a full setup more than once a year.

Take a look at the setup sticky, learn how to do it yourself, and then you'll be able to keep an eye on things and know if something needs to be tweaked. Usually just a quick intonation and action check whenever you put new strings on is all you need to do.

Thanks a lot!
However, I'm a little scared of damaging my guitar somehow if I do the setup myself.. cuz then I have no one to blame for the damage..
Is it safe even for beginners?
It would be very hard to damage the guitar if you follow the directions in the setup thread properly. You can also ask questions in that thread if you're nervous.
There's no harm in doing a setup even if it's not necessary, and learning to do it on a guitar that might only need minimal adjustment is probably a good idea. Most guitars need some minor setup work from the factory anyway, so you might as well go ahead and do it.
Quote by amit.dor.96
But should I even do a setup right now? 5 months have passed..

You can set it up whenever you like. It's not like changing a car's engine oil where you have to replace it every dozen thousand miles. Not setting the guitar up at all won't do any harm to it any less than setting it up correcly on a daily basis.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I would suggest if you are completely new to Electric guitar to learn to do the little things by yourself. A complete setup would be a bit daunting but simple maintenance like Changing strings or keeping your guitar clean should be straight forward with a little research and maybe a youtube vid or 2. I would say as you learn to do maintenance and setup take your time and BE CAREFUL. if you run into anything strange as you work stop and look into it. More than likely a little advice from UG or searching on youtube will help you avert any damage you might cause.

i am not saying this to scare you away from doing stuff yourself at all. The only way you will learn is by doing but i restore a lot of gear that has been ostensibly ruined because care wasn't taken when working on the guitar. You can do it, just take care and learn about what you are doing before hand.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Ok, thanks a lot. So is the setup sticky here thorough enough to guide me through the setup process, or will I need to use other resourced like youtube as well?..

Oh, and I went to a guiter store the other day to buy a battery for my electric guitar and they said they weren't selling batteries, so where can I find such batteries for my guitar (9w)? Electric store?
Last edited by amit.dor.96 at Sep 22, 2013,
\:
While my guitar was tuned to drop A I bent a string too much until it broke.. I guess now I have to make a setup or could I just get it back in or something..? (just the left end of the string from the key slipped out, it's still in full size)
All you guys saying he needs to learn to set it up himself are all well and good, but, and no offence here to the OP, but an inexperienced guitarist does not know how he want's his guitar set up to start with. If it's just intonation then it's a no brainer but as soon as you start with action and neck relief it helps to understand what if anything is wrong to start with.

Setting up a guitar for a novice is a daunting prospect so OP start with a set of new strings and research intonation and how to adjust it and go from there

P.S batteries can be obtained from most stores, you just need the 9V rectangular one.