Hey guys, gear amateur so go easy on me!

At the moment I play in a metalcore band (I know, I know) with a bunch of ambient and post-rock influence as well, which means I need to be able to get nice clean tones as well as the br00tz ones as well. I like using my X2 and the POD farm thing and I can dial in some nice tones there, but I'm not sure how to translate it to playing live.

I've also got a Spider IV which is OK (but it's broken, hence why I need a new amp) - but really I'm after something a bit better.

Budget isn't really a problem I guess (although I dont want to be spending much more than £1k on an amp) - any recs? I'm really leaning towards the HD500 but I don't know how it'd work live.

Any helps appreciated, cheers guys!
EVH head with a reverb pedal for the ambience. If you can find it, the combo version, but I think it's just outside of your budget. If your a student, give GAK an email to their student store.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Im sure the POD just hooks up to your PA system?
If not, get the pod. a decent power amp and a nice cab. Job done.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Or a powered speaker... Buying a power amp and a good cab gets expensive really fast...
Quote by Deledhel
Or a powered speaker... Buying a power amp and a good cab gets expensive really fast...

But the only powered cabs that come to mind are the Tech 21's
Something like that
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/powerengine/powerengine60.html

But you can have a lot more flexibility using a power amp and a cab
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
it amazes me how the number one suggestion for a pod hd is always a powered cab when the dt series kills with a pod