Page 1 of 2
I wish to have this piece tattooed onto my ribs:
http://www.fatns.com/FATNS_Cover.jpg
There may be too many details to for it to be exact. I`m not quite sure.
Can this be done?
How much will it approximately cost?

And guess what? This painting is done by the guy everyone hates so much, Wes Borland Made for Munky`s sideproject.
Dissonance is underrated.

Would be a better rib tattoo.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
first question.

why?

Because I want to throw away my money.
You can get that done but they will probably have to change the color ranges so that it will show up well on the skin. One of the tattoo artists I know takes pieces like this and transfers them into color fields as guides for when he tattoos - there would be no linework involved in this, so that it looks like an oil painting. He was a studio artist previous to his tattooing so he tries to incorporate similar methods
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

If it's in colour, yes. Although colour tattoos almost always look bad.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
If it's in colour, yes. Although colour tattoos almost always look bad.

racist
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Probably best taking this to the Body Mod Thread .

Would need a pretty good artist to be confident enough to do it i'm guessing. And cost... The better artist the more expensive you'd assume, size also matters a lot.
Quote by Lyrax
Have you considered just burning it in a bum's oil drum? It would be much more entertaining. And less painful. And you won't regret it as much when you turn 50 or 60.
Well I also thought about the colours and how most of coloured tattoos look bad.
But then if you made this but in some kind of grey-white-black tone it would look pretty cool.
If you want colors you should get colors. Your tattoo is your own. Black looks fine but color often looks better. It all depends on your artist.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
If you want colors you should get colors. Your tattoo is your own. Black looks fine but color often looks better. It all depends on your artist.

Well I want colours but I am thinking about the price a little bit.

Seems like it would cost a shitload with all the colours, details and the time it will take..
It could be worth it thou. Seems pretty original.
if you're going to do that tattoo you better go for the most expensive and fully completed tattoo or not at all.

its gonna look so ****ing bad if you try to save money/think about the price.

If you can afford it, go for it but it will cost you. a lot.
Yeah, my fiance is completely covered and it was all initially only black linework because he didn't want any color. I can certainly say it looks so much better with color. There's an incredible depth to the images that would have been cloudy and messy with just black. You can really raise the complexity. All of my tattoos are black but I don't have any images right now; I have plans to get images, all of which will have some kind of coloring.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Lyrax
Well I want colours but I am thinking about the price a little bit.

Seems like it would cost a shitload with all the colours, details and the time it will take..
It could be worth it thou. Seems pretty original.

It's worth it. Don't skimp on your tattoo. If you don't have the immediate funds, do it over a few years. You'll probably need multiple sessions anyway. Most of my friends got their larger pieces done over the span of two years.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

the positive thing about big tattoos is that you waste your money on it for several years before you realised you threw away both money and screwed up your skin forever.

go for it
Just google intricate or detailed tattoos, that one isn't THAT complicated. I think it would turn out pretty sick, just make sure you have a good artist and money to burn.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Why are people such assholes about what OTHER PEOPLE want on THEIR OWN SKIN?

Grow up. If you don't like tattoos, you are probably not a helpful contributor to the questions TS is trying to have answered. This isn't a 'what are your opinions on tattoos in general' thread.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

Grow up. If you don't like tattoos, you are probably not a helpful contributor to the questions TS is trying to have answered. This isn't a 'what are your opinions on tattoos in general' thread.

it cant really hurt to have people say its gonna look ugly can it?

maybe he will think twice about his decision and realises its not a very good idea.

otherwise, he's just becoming more sure. so i contribute either way.

check mate
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
it cant really hurt to have people say its gonna look ugly can it?

What the fuck else does it do?

That's like calling someone a faggot and saying you're doing it to help them cope with societal stigmas they may come across, or help them become a stronger queer. You are being an asshole. At least admit it.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
What the fuck else does it do?

That's like calling someone a faggot and saying you're doing it to help them cope with societal stigmas they may come across, or help them become a stronger queer. You are being an asshole. At least admit it.

are you saying gay is a choice? if not, I'm not following.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
are you saying gay is a choice? if not, I'm not following.

That's not at all what I'm saying It also doesn't matter if someone chooses to be gay or not. Why would that make a difference? You're still being an asshole if you call someone a faggot. Just like you're still being an asshole if you're making fun of someone for possibly wanting a tattoo when they come in asking for specific help. You can pretend you're helping but you're not.

Being an asshole every once in a while doesn't mean you're an asshole all the time. I tell my fiance when he's being an asshole, and he tells me the same. We're still crazy about each other. I'm not crazy about you, but I am not trying to demonize you right now. You're the one who replied to MY post.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

I'm trying to be helpful.
See, when I was 16-17 I wanted a tattoo too. Luckily, I was too lazy and never actually got round to doing it. It's a good thing I was because my opinions on tattoos changed drastically when I was 19 or so.
What I'm saying is that TS is probably a teenager who thinks it's a good idea right now but will come to regret it later.

My advice to you, TS, is to leave it for a couple of years and think about it again then. It seems like a long time, but your whole life is a lot longer, especially if you have a permanent thingy on your skin that you wish you never got.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Sep 17, 2013,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
That's not being helpful, you were just being rude for the sake of it. Being helpful would be to explain what you just said and why it's important to think it through very carefully.

Yeah I have a tendency to be a bit meaner than necessary soz

edit: actually I forgot what I posted, I thought I made another post like that one but maybe it was in another thread
Last edited by captainsnazz at Sep 17, 2013,
Quote by vintage x metal
That's not at all what I'm saying It also doesn't matter if someone chooses to be gay or not. Why would that make a difference? You're still being an asshole if you call someone a faggot. Just like you're still being an asshole if you're making fun of someone for possibly wanting a tattoo when they come in asking for specific help. You can pretend you're helping but you're not.

Being an asshole every once in a while doesn't mean you're an asshole all the time. I tell my fiance when he's being an asshole, and he tells me the same. We're still crazy about each other. I'm not crazy about you, but I am not trying to demonize you right now. You're the one who replied to MY post.

you're being a dumbass, note not an asshole, for even comparing being gay and having a tattoo.
that's all I have to say besides waht Snazz said.

but whatever, I'm not gonna be mean to TS anymore.

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 17, 2013,
^ I didn't compare being gay to having a tattoo, not even once. I compared insulting someone to insulting someone. It's pretty simple.

Quote by captainsnazz
I'm trying to be helpful.
See, when I was 16-17 I wanted a tattoo too. Luckily, I was too lazy and never actually got round to doing it. It's a good thing I was because my opinions on tattoos changed drastically when I was 19 or so.
What I'm saying is that TS is probably a teenager who thinks it's a good idea right now but will come to regret it later.

Yeah, or you could have gotten the tattoo and not changed your mind. It's not like 19 is the pinnacle of wisdom or anything. I know plenty of older people who either love their tattoos or don't care enough to hate some picture on their skin.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Sep 17, 2013,
Quote by vintage x metal
Yeah, or you could have gotten the tattoo and not changed your mind. It's not like 19 is the pinnacle of wisdom or anything. I know plenty of older people who either love their tattoos or don't care enough to hate some picture on their skin.

No absolutely not and opinions are always subject to change at any age, but I can't say "oh wait until you're dead and if you still wanted your tattoo at every point in your life, go back in time and get it". A couple of years was a compromise.

Getting a tattoo and regretting it is much worse than not getting one and not knowing whether you'd regret it, imo.
Quote by vintage x metal
^ I didn't compare being gay to having a tattoo, not even once. I compared insulting someone to insulting someone. It's pretty simple.

and i dont buy that comparision. its dumb.
Quote by captainsnazz
No absolutely not and opinions are always subject to change at any age, but I can't say "oh wait until you're dead and if you still wanted your tattoo at every point in your life, go back in time and get it". A couple of years was a compromise.

Getting a tattoo and regretting it is much worse than not getting one and not knowing whether you'd regret it, imo.

You can always change a tattoo though. Also 'tattoos are shite' doesn't get any of the points you mentioned across. All it does is invalidate TS's taste.

edit: You have put your points across now, all is redeemed Just know I don't mean this stuff personally.

Quote by Johnny
and i dont buy that comparision. its dumb.

Good one. Sorry you're too wrapped up in getting called out to admit a very simple thing to yourself. Good luck with your endeavors and peace out, bitch.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Sep 17, 2013,
Quote by vintage x metal

Good one. Sorry you're too wrapped up in getting called out to admit a very simple thing to yourself. Good luck with your endeavors and peace out, bitch.

lol
Tattoos are super gay so I guess we've come full circle in this thread.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Lyrax

You will certainly be doing that. That as a tattoo will cost, at least, $700 - $800 depending on how big it is.
Page 1 of 2