Watch this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0qAo9_uEc

Now let's discuss. To sum it up, my friend's mother was found dead by her husband hanging from a ceiling fan. The coroners report found that she couldn't have tied the knot herself from the chair used to do the hanging. There were pictures taken the night before of her with bruises around her neck and forehead. There was a text message from her to her friend around a year ago asking her to press for investigations if anything were ever to happen to her because "he has killed before".

The local police department has more or less ruined any evidence and called it a suicide. However, people that knew her knew that she was VERY against the idea of suicide and loved her family far too much to do something like that. I understand that anything can happen to cause a person to kill themselves, but it just doesn't make sense. This happened a day or two before her son's birthday.

Also, her husband? He was the ex-chief of police for the town AND he happens to be close childhood friends with the current police chief.

Now, I don't have to explain why this deserves SOME investigation and why the whole thing is a conflict of interest, but still, it goes on. I'm not willing to jump to conclusions and throw too many accusations around...but just watch and make up your own mind.

Please share this with as many people as possible, the more exposure, the better. Her family want exposure and they want investigation. The more awareness, the more someone actually ABLE to investigate my come around.
If you're so sure he did it, why don't you just go to his house while he sleeps, slit his throat and nail his corpse on a crucifix in the most public place you can find. Maybe leave a few dead mutilated goats lying around it too, for added effect.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
jesus ****, this is worse than stuebenville by far

EDIT: Holy **** this is in Ohio as well! And unless the current police chief invites an outside organization no one is allowed to investigate it.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Sep 17, 2013,
I hate to be cynical, but I don't see much reason here to assume that she didn't commit suicide.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Ugh. I'll watch the video when I get out of class in an hour or two. But that shit sounds ****ing disgusting.
Quote by captaincrunk
jesus ****, this is worse than stuebenville by far

EDIT: Holy **** this is in Ohio as well! And unless the current police chief invites an outside organization no one is allowed to investigate it.

This is the Ohio police force for you. I know a lot are quite corrupt, but they're VERY corrupt in this state. Getting awful close to Florida...
Quote by Todd Hart
I hate to be cynical, but I don't see much reason here to assume that she didn't commit suicide.

I understand that people that commit suicide tend to be the last people you expect, but if you knew the family, you'd understand. This happened the day before her son's birthday for **** sakes. There's just too much to suggest otherwise. The fact that she couldn't reach the knots from the chair, for instance. I mean, why would you tie a noose, get down, replace whatever you're standing on and then get something else?
Quote by Velcro Man
I understand that people that commit suicide tend to be the last people you expect, but if you knew the family, you'd understand. This happened the day before her son's birthday for **** sakes. There's just too much to suggest otherwise. The fact that she couldn't reach the knots from the chair, for instance. I mean, why would you tie a noose, get down, replace whatever you're standing on and then get something else?

People rarely do what makes perfect sense. Especially when those people are depressed to the point of suicide.

I'm not saying it's definitely and absolutely suicide, but immediately ruling out as one just because of the timing is jumping to conclusions.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
People rarely do what makes perfect sense. Especially when those people are depressed to the point of suicide.

I'm not saying it's definitely and absolutely suicide, but immediately ruling out as one just because of the timing is jumping to conclusions.

I'm hardly doing so and I'm hardly throwing accusations, but it's far too much to ignore and write down as "depressive madness".
Quote by necrosis1193

what is it called when you neither investigate thoroughly or disallow anyone else from investigating? Isn't that worse than jumping to conclusions and looking into stuff?
Quote by captaincrunk
what is it called when you neither investigate thoroughly or disallow anyone else from investigating? Isn't that worse than jumping to conclusions and looking into stuff?

A cover-up.
Quote by captaincrunk
at the very least incompetence, especially when the one deciding not to investigate is the close personal friend of the primary suspect

Incompetence would be not investigating properly. Disallowing anyone else from investigating would be, AT THE VERY LEAST, malicious incompetence.
Quote by necrosis1193

And I'm not saying it was murder, but seriously:

1. The lady could not have reached the knots with the surface she stood on.
2. That means there are 2 most probable scenarios:
a. She didn't tie the knots.
b. She used a taller surface to stand on, secured the noose, then moved said taller surface back to its usual position, and took a shorter surface to stand on, and then hung herself.
3. There is some evidence to suggest a history of domestic abuse in that household.
4. While I would tend to agree that suicidal behavior is often not the most rational, the musical chairs scenario (scenario b) seems implausible at best. And taking the history of domestic abuse into account, scenario a explains the most facts about the case while making the least assumptions.

Also, there are numerous studies and scientists who believe suicidal behavior can be very rational (though that goes against sociological convention). It's a murky issue.
Quote by progdude93
Incompetence would be not investigating properly. Disallowing anyone else from investigating would be, AT THE VERY LEAST, malicious incompetence.

Well...there's plenty of NORMAL incompetence as well...but yeah, their refusal to investigate is just... baffling and just makes them MORE obvious, but at the same time, local police forces HATE letting in other agencies unless they have to, it's all about the glory.
Condolences first and foremost to you and her friends. It's never easy to lose someone you know.

That being said, while I agree with what you're doing, I don't think that The Pit would be the first place I'd go with this information. If you want massive attention, go to the media. Local news, papers, etc. Anything that makes people watch/read, they'll do. Unless you're trying to raise an army of teenagers (and a few adults) who play guitar sometimes and otherwise hang on forums, I wouldn't spend too much time with anything important trying to get UG behind you.

Be aware, though, if you are actually right and you're digging into something like this, don't expect to come away unscathed. The hands that dig graves are often just as dirty as the ones filling them.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 17, 2013,
It's not the first place, the local news IS investigating, I'm just doing my part to post it EVERYWHERE so that as many people as possible can see. I contacted CNN, still waiting for a reply. I'm not afraid to dig for the truth, I'd rather die than live in ignorance, I just can't sit idly by while people meant to protect the innocent are the guilty parties.