So I friend of my dad just gave me the "Peavey Vypyr 100w" with the Sanpera II foot switch, which is awesome, but I already have the new "Peavey Vypyr 3 100w VIP" which I've only had for about a month. My question is, which one is better? I know I should be able to plug them in a see myself, but I don't know how to use the 2x12, so I couldn't really say.
Based on your experience, which is more valuable, reliable, better sounding(etc..) Just overall.

I play in my room btw, so it doesn't matter which is louder.
If he gave it to you then what's the difference. You have both so you are just going to have to make your own decision. There are tons of youtube videos out there on how to operate these amps. Personally, I'd take a Vypyr 60 or 120 over either of them.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 17, 2013,
You could use common sense, sit down and play 'em to figure out which one works best for you and your situation. Its the same amp so your opinion means far more than anyone else's.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sell 'em both and buy the Vypyr Tube
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by lucky1978
You could use common sense, sit down and play 'em to figure out which one works best for you and your situation. Its the same amp so your opinion means far more than anyone else's.

Actually the original Vypyr and the Vypyr VIP III are pretty different. Otherwise, I agree with everything you've said. The general consensus that I've read is that the VIPs are not as good as the originals. I also like the interface of the original Vypyrs better. But the 60/120 are just so much better in my opinion the idea of selling both rigs and getting a Vypyr 60 or a Vypyr 120 and cab seems to be the best bet.
I think it really depends on your situation. I want a VIP 3, but that's specifically because of my current living situation - having a small all in one guitar/bass amp is really appealing to me right now.

If space isn't an issue for you, I think the regular Vypyrs sound a little better.

That said, I got a chance to sit down with a VIP for a while recently, and there honestly isn't really a difference worth fussing over as far as sound quality goes. That's comparing SS to SS of course. The Vypyr Tube is a much nicer guitar amp than either, but I'm assuming that's not on the table at all, right?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X