Posted this in the Mad Men thread.

Anyways it turns out that, like Breaking Bad, Mad Men is gonna split up a 14 episode season over 2014 and 2015.

I hate this shit. It's such a cheap way to garner ratings.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mad-men-final-season-two-halves-20130917,0,1564180.story

Anyways, it's becoming a trend for shows to split up its final season into two, you could even say the same for movie series (Harry Potter and Twilight). Do you mind it, or do you dislike it?
Mad Men sux

#DealWithItCapMad
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I think it's pretty dumb, especially since the season is only 14 episodes. If they do that with The Walkig Dead I will shit in Robert Kirkman's mouth, even if it isn't his fault
BrBa's 5th season was split up over 16 episodes, not 14. Do some research, fegit. I can't trust any other part of the OP now.

Do unreliable OPs turn you off from the threads contents?
Quote by Thrill-house
That show is horribly boring.

every show mentioned in this thread so far is

Quote by Ignite
I thought split seasons was a thing now

like the latest Walking Dead and Doctor Who seasons were split and they weren't the last seasons.

No, it's not quite the same. With The Walking Dead, they split the 3rd season so one half was in like October and the next was in February (not 100% sure but somewhere around there). You still get a full new season later that year. Breaking Bad however had a full year break between one half of season 5 and the second half
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 18, 2013,
The split season thing is really annoying. Futurama did it too for some reason.
I can deal with it because it prolongs the experience of the show. It also gives the cast and writers more time to prepare for the finale so they can deliver the greatest possible potential.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Along with ratings, it's probably also to get viewers responses to the fist part of the final season so they can fix all the stuff people don't like for the second.
Check out my band Disturbed
and Venture Bros. fans are like, "Yeah, suck it up bitch."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Maybe if you stopped watching shitty shows like Mad Men, your jimmies wouldn't be so rustled.
Quote by CL/\SH
No, it's not quite the same. With The Walking Dead, they split the 3rd season so one half was in like October and the next was in February (not 100% sure but somewhere around there). You still get a full new season later that year. Breaking Bad however had a full year break between one half of season 5 and the second half

Oh that's crazy. That's just like two short seasons.
Quote by Ignite
Oh that's crazy. That's just like two short seasons.

Pretty much. I understand the reasoning behind it, it keeps the show relevant by having it run new episodes twice out of the year instead of once, but I'd honestly prefer 4-5 months straight of a show. Splitting seasons up makes things feel far too short.
Is Don going to tell Pete that he watched as Peggy drowned in her own vomit?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Psssh, whinging about nothing. Our series normally only last 6 episodes anyway. Utopia was 6, Top Boy was only bloody 4, Phoneshop was only like 6 or 7. Get a grip
Quote by willT08
Psssh, whinging about nothing. Our series normally only last 6 episodes anyway. Utopia was 6, Top Boy was only bloody 4, Phoneshop was only like 6 or 7. Get a grip

Were talking about Mad Men here, aka AMERICA.

This is why America > Foreign countries
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Luther is only four episodes too.

But yeah, Mad Men being split over two seasons is bad mmmkay.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by MinterMan22
every show mentioned in this thread so far is

Quote by Eastwinn
watch better tv shows.

You guys would make a great pair of scissors, so edgy.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by eGraham
I can deal with it because it prolongs the experience of the show. It also gives the cast and writers more time to prepare for the finale so they can deliver the greatest possible potential.

It's very unlikely that they would not finish shooting the whole season in one go (for Mad Men it's actually confirmed that shooting will not be interrupted), so for them there is not actually a gap between the first and second half.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You guys would make a great pair of scissors, so edgy.

don't be so butthurt. you can like whatever you want even if it sucks.
Really annoying. While the idea of not having to deal with permanent Draper-withdrawal till 2015 is nice, only 7 episodes, and 7 inconclusive ones at that, is not encouraging. The only other show with a mid-season break I've followed live was Doctor Who, and that was a really awful move, killing all of the move. I only caught up with the Walking Dead after the break, so could go straight over it.

Is there some logistical rationale behind it? I always assumed it was something to do with not showing stuff during the holiday season to maximise ratings or something, but even writing that makes me realise it doesn't make sense.
Quote by eGraham

yeah basically

also I don't really care, because I never watch shows while they are airing. I always wait for the season to end because what if the show sucks I don't want to waste time on it!
cat
Quote by willT08

This is America, and we're all spoiled brats. So screw you man