Hello fellow UG'ers!

First of all my name is Daniel and I play in a rockband with a sound quite similar to U2 and I'm playing on a Hagstrom Ultra Swede through a Marshall MG50DFX (not the best amp, I know). As far as pedals go I've been using a Vox Tonelab Ex but now as my skill and my bands sound has evolved it doesn't quite to what I want it to do anymore so now I'm on the hunt for pedals as I'm building a completely new board!

I have a budget of 700euro to play with and this is what I need:
* Overdrive (been looking at the Maxon OD-808)
* Delay (boss DD-3?)
* Chorus
* Reverb

These are the ones I can come up with but I'm quite sure I've missed something!
I know that Edge uses a lot of pedals but do you think I can get something similiar with this budget?

Here's some sound examples that I want to be able to achieve:
Pride by U2
Vertigo by U2
Out of control by U2

As you can see U2 pretty much sums it all up. I'm open to all suggestions and for the record I'm also considering upgrading the amp and guitar aswell so if you have any suggestions for that feel free!
Thanks for your time!
Piling expensive ( or not) pedals in front of a cheap modelling amp won't improve your tone at all. I d suggest buying a good used tube combo with your budget and then start building from there. As for pedals, for U2 you ll need a digital delay that can do dotted and tap tempo.
Ok. My budget won't change after Ive bought the amp so let's say I have a new amp and is still looking for pedals with the same budget, what should I get?
..at least a DD5 cause it´s the first model with tap-tempo...yur gunna need the extension pedal, FS-5U with that or just build one yourself...
..the newer ones can switch between on/off and tap tempo but I´ve Heard it´s a bitch when playing live.
......supposedly tone wise dd5-dd7 and the latest one are considered best....DD5 will hurt your wallet less and they do sound great
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
For the overdrive, you could get a Bad Monkey, they are pretty cheap and have an additional bass pot, unlike other TS style overdrives.

Also, maybe you'd benefit from an EQ pedal?

But as it's already been mentioned, i'd recommend piling most of your money towards upgrading your amp, then spending the remainder on pedals.
An OD - Wampler Paisley drive (super versatile, enough gain for U2), VOX delay lab (comparatively cheap but very very effective considering it can do tonnes of different delays), a bit of a reverb maybe (digitech RV7/ tc electronics HOF). Vox ac15 mic´d.
Quote by danielhasto
Would a Vox AC15 cut it? Or maybe even a Bugera V22?

where are you (country) in europe? Normally i'd say to spend most on the amp, but admittedly if you want to sound like the edge he uses more effects than most.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
where are you (country) in europe? Normally i'd say to spend most on the amp, but admittedly if you want to sound like the edge he uses more effects than most.

see previous message!
ah ok

i'd look up and see what the edge used... probably slightly older (analogue?) effects from the 80s. A lot of people make reasonably(ish) priced clones of things like the boss ce2, dm2 etc. Might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?