Page 1 of 3
I watched a couple of Foo Fighter live videos earlier, and I was disappointed by how weak they sound, mainly the guitars, it just sounded very thin, there was no power there, which is strange considering they have 3 guitarists, so have you been disappointed by a bands live sound ?
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I WATCHED A COUPLE FOO FIGHTERS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE AND THINK THAT'S AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE MIX

I saw them live and it was incredible.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I'm told TMV are very much a "studio band".
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Saw Deftones a couple of weeks ago.

F*cking awesome, but I was kind of disappointed with the volume..it was weirdly..low. I kinda blame the organization more than the band..also 'cause SOAD were on afterwards and Daron started playing air guitar at one point because the clean tone wasn't working haha.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
^I'm sure their EQ is a lot more leveled out now.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yes.

GNR's live shows suck ass.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I was disapointed when i found out how many overdubs there was on Thin Lizzys Live and Dangerous.
Quote by Banjocal

WhatyoudidtheresawI.gpj.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Colgate Total
GNR sucks ass in general.

They do now, but not in 1987.
Quote by Banjocal

It took me a second.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Banjocal
I'm told TMV are very much a "studio band".

I came here to post this.

When I saw them open for RHCP several years ago, the drums and guitar/keyboard effects were way too ****ing loud, and the vocals just sounded like high pitched garbage. And it was all mixed horribly. It didn't help that it was in a giant stadium with massive amounts of reverb either, but I had friends who were on the ground floor close to the stage where there was less reverb and they said they wanted to shoot themselves.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Sep 18, 2013,
Quote by Gantz92
I was disapointed when i found out how many overdubs there was on Thin Lizzys Live and Dangerous.

You should listen to Still Dangerous, it has no overdubs.
And that's why I'm glad I didn't shell out £25 to see them + £40 everything else.

instead i'm shelling out to see GY!BE and if they don't give me a copy of all lights ****ed I'm going to kill the cellist
Quote by EndTheRapture51
i can't really say anything for sure on this, but i watched a live video of rage against the machine a while back, and tom's guitar sounded really weak, and way too clean
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I saw Overkill recently and they were pretty weak, wich is kinda bad for a thrash metal band
i always heard thursday sucked live but i saw them for their ten year anniversary of full collapse and i creamed twice.
I was disappointed with Volbeat. Their albums have a lot of bass in them, but live all punch seems to disappear in the mix.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by Krieger91
Saw Deftones a couple of weeks ago.

F*cking awesome, but I was kind of disappointed with the volume..it was weirdly..low. I kinda blame the organization more than the band..also 'cause SOAD were on afterwards and Daron started playing air guitar at one point because the clean tone wasn't working haha.

That's a shame, I saw Deftones in May and they were loud as fuck. I felt the drums and Stephen's 8 string guitar blasting through my body.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Megadeth's mix is all bass drums, inaudible guitar solos, no vocals at all. Pretty disappointing really, because they are absolutely tight live, not a single mistake except for Daves weak vocals in general, if you could hear them that is.
almost always

i prefer album version of almost all artists, albums and songs.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by smittyanthrax
Never liked RHCP live.
Problem I have is Kedis has like a 1+1/2 octave range so his singing gets really really samey.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
That's a shame, I saw Deftones in May and they were loud as fuck. I felt the drums and Stephen's 8 string guitar blasting through my body.
This is why I can't wait to see Sunn. That said, I be doing my own 8 string doom now

I saw Monarch! play in a pub and despite a smaller wall of amps, their sound was very much something physical. You could cut that vibration with a knife.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 18, 2013,
Quote by smittyanthrax
Never liked RHCP live.

they're even worse when it comes to sound on their albums.

Californication must be one of the worst produced albums ever?
Quote by Banjocal
Problem I have is Kedis has like a 1+1/2 octave range so his singing gets really really samey.

i have like the smallest range ever and i can sing pretty much anything he can
Slipknot, saw them with Metallica in '06 and the guitars sounded all muddy and indistinguishable. Plus the singer couldn't hit a clean note to save his life.

While we're at it, Metallica didn't sound all that great either, especially the drums. Lots of ****ups as well. The only one who didn't **** up was Rob. It was still fun but not nearly as good as expected and I definitely wouldn't pay the 70€ today.
Quote by whywefight
i have like the smallest range ever and i can sing pretty much anything he can

I feel he just whines/mumbles live.
Live sound? Not yet. But I saw this folk band that was really incredible live, like awesome harmonization and stuff, and their studio stuff is much more lack-luster. I was disappointed, because I bought both their albums at the venue that night.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I dunno, I really love RHCP, but Anthony Kiedis was fairly flat on a couple songs.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Machine Head in Prague 2012. Too much bass and when the drummer started fast double-bass, I couldn't hear anything.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
only a portion of a band's live performance can be judged by a video. you need to be there. i saw SOAD on video and thought their new performance is bad, but everybody who has seen them live stands by it as an amazing performance.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
only a portion of a band's live performance can be judged by a video. you need to be there. i saw SOAD on video and thought their new performance is bad, but everybody who has seen them live stands by it as an amazing performance.

soad fans yeah... lel
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
soad fans yeah... lel

i'm only a fan of their self titled, i'm still cool
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
i'm only a fan of their self titled, i'm still cool

Quote by smittyanthrax
Never liked RHCP live.

Y'know, I saw them in January and thought they were ****ing amazing.
But then, they gave the option to download the show later, which of course I took, and listening back to it, it was shockingly awful.

On topic though, I saw Guttermouth a few weeks back on their farewell Australian tour, and they were awful. Nothing but bass, and the vocals sounded almost nonexistent.
All I remember from seeing Motorhead was a wall of noise, and not the good kind.

Basically it went like PPFFFFPPFPFFPPFFPFFFFPFPFPFFPFPFPPPFFFFPPFPFPFPFFFFFF *unintelligible Lemmy rant* *crowd cheers* PFFPFPFFPFFPPFFFFFPPFFFFPFPFPFPFFFFF "THE AYCE OF SPAYDE, THE AYCE OF SPAYDE"

And I wasn't even there for them. The Misfits were co-headlining and they cancelled day of show
Page 1 of 3