Free opportunity to distribute your opinion, someone actually cares!

Page 1 of 2
Quote by Aralingh
I am told he might have to show THIS thread to his supervisor, so play nice.

Uh oh.
I hate you for this thread title. I almost feel like spamming the guy's email that's provided
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I hate you for this thread title. I almost feel like spamming the guy's email that's provided

He agreed to it, though this was my idea. His was to name the thread the survey name, I felt like mine is more honest.

feel free to spam his email, don't tell him I told you to
3. Would you prefer writing together with other authors to writing alone?

The choices are yes and no. I lel'd
Quote by Soccerguy

It says "writing together TO writing alone", not OR. lel

Quote by whoomit
Done.

Yeah that question needs to be sorted out. Also the one about 'sympathising with the lyricist'. That should be 'empathise' surely?

No big deal though.

That I actually didn't notice, good one.
Last edited by Aralingh at Sep 18, 2013,
Done.
Quote by Soccerguy

Yeah that question needs to be sorted out. Also the one about 'sympathising with the lyricist'. That should be 'empathise' surely?

No big deal though.
Your friends supervisor is most likely a gigantic cunt and I wouldn't be surprised if his wife is banging a black man on the sly.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Aralingh
It says "writing together TO writing alone", not OR. lel

Well I'll be damned...
Quote by Soccerguy

It makes sense, its just awkwardly worded. "Yes, I would prefer writing with others." or "No, I prefer to write alone."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Done
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Aralingh
I was informed that "The results are actually quite interesting".

Can we get these results?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Can we get these results?

I'll ask for them tomorrow, he went to sleep.
Quote by doomded
It makes sense, its just awkwardly worded. "Yes, I would prefer writing with others." or "No, I prefer to write alone."
It is awkwardly worded. If you have no preference you need to select "no". In fact, a lot of these questions need a "no preference" answer.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
So many false dichotomies. You could at least have a middle mark.

And some of them really aren't questions that can be answered with a single button click. Some of these need a good few sentences to expand on for real insight. Right now you're just going to get meaningless quantity.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
So many false dichotomies. You could at least have a middle mark.

And some of them really aren't questions that can be answered with a single button click. Some of these need a good few sentences to expand on for real insight. Right now you're just going to get meaningless quantity.

I agree with that, but, I was not the one to create the survey.
Quote by Aralingh
I agree with that, but, I was not the one to create the survey.
Ah. I skim read OPs more often than is good for me.

Relay it back to him I guess, though he probably knows.

I mean another problem is the emotion thing. there's great music that's very emotional but there's emotionless music which has pushed EVERYTHING in music forward, and they both do in different ways. Without one the other would be meaningless. He should redo it with "both" as an answer or something alike. Maybe even a little comments box at the end?
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 18, 2013,
banjocal: the point of quick yes or no surveys like this is to get a fast, cheap, and easy insight with the sacrifice of accuracy. a more in depth survey would require a more laborious analysis and it would be so long you'd have to pay people to do it. if this survey proves to have scattered, meaningless results then you've saved yourself the trouble of a larger endeavor.

for what it's worth, i think this survey is crap because of the first question. any conclusions drawn will surely be done of the basis of stereotypes.
^I know the difference between qualitative and quantitive data, but there's quantitive, and there's dichotomous answer systems.

And it's shit.
ha-haaa
just pick yes or no and stop taking yourself so seriously. for some of the questions i was thinking that the dichotomy was kind of the point.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
well that was a waste of time

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by Banjocal

I mean another problem is the emotion thing. there's great music that's very emotional but there's emotionless music which has pushed EVERYTHING in music forward, and they both do in different ways. Without one the other would be meaningless.

kind of off topic but...

IMO emotion comes from the listener not the music. Music is just sound; it doesn't have emotions. The writer can try and portray certain emotive ideas that the listeners then interpret and either feel in their own unique way or don't.
Done. And if you're reading this. ERIC IS GAY!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by yeoman125
kind of off topic but...

IMO emotion comes from the listener not the music. Music is just sound; it doesn't have emotions. The writer can try and portray certain emotive ideas that the listeners then interpret and either feel in their own unique way or don't.
yeah I didn't word that well. what I mean is some work is composed through semantics and others are built around concepts which isn't necessarily emotion based, such as the more structured, experimental art music
ha-haaa
Quote by Eastwinn
scattered, meaningless results

Even the best of surveys fall into this, the TSs work was about avarage as far as surveys go. I guess it's just something to bare in mind next time you see BS statistics on the news or in a magazine, they're just the result of someone doing a slightly less sucky survey like this.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
His supervisor is a stupid **** mongoloid and his wife and daughter are fat underpaid prostitute cunts.
Alright, I talked to him, and it seems I wouldn't be able to post replies since on that website you have to pay 35 euros to see more than 15 results. I suppose he didn't see that coming.
12. Do you think that poor mixing greatly reduces the song’s overall value?

waht kinda dumb question is this?

it ****s up the experience of the song, the track is ruined but the song might still be good. Which one is your friend after?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

it ****s up the experience of the song, the track is ruined but the song might still be good. Which one is your friend after?

I wouldn't know that.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I think that because he mentions mixing and song together he's treating the 'song' as the finished, release product. In which case the only correct answer is yes, poor mixing makes a shit release
Quote by willT08
I think that because he mentions mixing and song together he's treating the 'song' as the finished, release product. In which case the only correct answer is yes, poor mixing makes a shit release

yeah i assumed he's referring to the track i am hearing rather than the written song.

the track/finished product is obviously worse because "bad recording" = bad. there's no subjective opinion about it. if its called bad recording/mixing its bad.

a song can be mixed and recorded lo-fi but if that's the intention and ambitions i wouldn't call that bad, just a musical preference.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 20, 2013,
Quote by VanTheKraut
Your friends supervisor is most likely a gigantic cunt and I wouldn't be surprised if his wife is banging a black man on the sly.

Of course not. His friend's supervisor is a huge **** that's banging a black man on the sly while he pimps out his wife.

Plus I took the survey 3 times to pollute the results.

(Once from phone, once from home pc, once from work PC via vpn)
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Sep 20, 2013,
Page 1 of 2