I've had my DK2 blocked since I've owned it but I ordered a whammy bar and it came in the mail today., unblocked my tremelo got everything nicely balanced tremelo is lined up flush with the body it seems to be staying in tune.

When I do dive bombs or pull up my neck seems to creak and make cracking noises like almost everytime, it's making me nervous to say the least. Its a bolt on btw. Could it be because I'm using .011s right now and I need a truss rod adjustment?
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
It really sounds like it's coming from the neck joint or locking nut.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Sep 19, 2013,
It could be several things.

It could be because your truss rod is loose, which is causing it to move a tiny bit when you dive the trem.

Or your locking nut is loose.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by RobinTH
The bolts at the neck joint might be a little loose. Get a screwdriver and see if they need tightening.

That's actually a good thought. I would suggest loosening the strings before tightening though.
well the screws on the back of the neck are tight and I tightened the locking nut really snug and it still does it. Could the trem being a licensed floyd be the problem? It's a JT580LP, or is it the truss rod?

I don't know if this will help at all. My neck has a slight bow but not too bad ( I didnt think) the action raises a bit more closer to the 24th fret but there is no buzz or anything like that.

And anyone know where I can get the right tool for this online? (if needed)

Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Sep 19, 2013,