I am mainly seeing if i can, there are two jacks for the channel. Could i just use a dummy jack?

The only thing is that it is heavily. Recapped, all new jacks, pots, tube sockets, mercury magnetic transformers. And tone stack mods. I got it from a tech that did it all, it was a no pay under contract (which i have a copy of) so i got it for parts cost.

So that may complicate things.

Thoughts?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could use a Y-cable or the outputs on a stereo pedal. A more dignified way of doing it would be to add a simple switch that bridges the inputs. A dummy jack doesn't get you anywhere, you have to get your signal to both inputs.
ABY pedal would be the best way to do it. And yes, it will do basically the same thing that a JTM45 does when you bridge the inputs. ie two triodes in parallel.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 19, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
ABY pedal would be the best way to do it. And yes, it will do basically the same thing that a JTM45 does when you bridge the inputs. ie two triodes in parallel.

I have an ab/y and will give it a shot. However i have to bias it, and i need a probe, i am going to build the one that you have on your profile (cath).

I did not think the dummy jack would have done it, just because it worked for a valve king.

Thanks
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You may want to make the probe in a plastic box (as long as it's fairly strong plastic) rather than the aluminium one I made. Aluminium is fine if you are careful and skilled but plastic would be a bit safer. The problem is the banana plugs. A lot of them aren't insulated where they go through the chassis and rely on perfect drilling and assembly to keep them from shorting out. If you use a plastic enclosure you won't have to worry about it.

For the male connector to go into the tube socket you will probably have to break a tube and use the base, those connectors I used are pretty rare. Here's the trick. The end of the tube pins are soldered to the internal component's. So smash the glass (be careful because you have to hit them pretty hard and shards of glass will fly everywhere) and desolder the pins. You can then feed the wires through the pins from the top and solder them into place the same way that the valve components were.
It's worth scanning ebay for those connectors though, it's a lot easier. Search for Leak and Radford. The old Leak/Radford radios used those connectors on the cable that connected the preamp to the power amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification