As a Les Paul guy, I've never really read up on fender strats much. I have managed to pick up a pretty decent mexican strat lately, and i really like the pick ups in the neck and middle position.

But, you've guessed it, I hate the sound of the neck pickup. Since I intend to use this guitar occasionally on stage, I want a neck pickup that:

- can handle light/medium rock;
- preserves the appearance of the guitar (so no SD Hot Rails or Dimarzio Tonezone sort of thing);
- has a nice push in the middle; and
- is preferably noiseless.

I have looked at :

the Fender N3 Bridge pickup (http://www.bax-shop.nl/gitaar-pickups/fender-n3-noiseless-stratocaster-bridge-pickup/product-details.html),
the Fender Texas Special (http://www.bax-shop.nl/gitaar-pickups/fender-custom-shop-texas-special-stratocaster-bridge-pickup/product-details.html)
the Fender Custom Shop fat 50's ( http://www.bax-shop.nl/gitaar-pickups/fender-custom-shop-fat-50s-stratocaster-bridge-pickup/product-details.html)

Budget is around EUR 50-EUR 80 for the pickup. I live in the Netherlands. What do you guys suggest?

EDIT: sorry, links are in Dutch.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
out of the few noiselesses I've tried, the dimarzio virtual vintages are pretty nice. I'm guessing the virtual solo would be the thing (it might even be slightly hot for what you want).

Is it a bridge pickup you want? I'm guessing that's what you mean and just typed "neck" by mistake.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's what happens if you don't check your posts. Yeah, I am looking for a bridge pickup.

I'll check out that Dimarzio. What do you think of the Fender's I've listed?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

I'm not sure i've tried any of those I wasn't super-fussed on the noiseless fenders I have tried, but i'm not entirely sure which ones i have tried (SCN maybe?)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have Texas Specials in my American Special, and I've really enjoyed those so far. It's not noiseless, but personally I've never had any problem with noise, even with heavy rock levels of gain.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Ik guess that's all personal preference. I really like the sound of the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups in the Jeff Beck strat, and thinking of buying one of them (since they are not that expensive, EUR 40,00 around here).

Any thoughts on those?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

edit: Ignore me...I somehow read bridge pickup..sorry
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Last edited by Shor at Sep 20, 2013,
Quote by Shor
edit: Ignore me...I somehow read bridge pickup..sorry

I didn't actually read your initial message, but you are right, I am looking for a bridge pickup (initially, i might replace the rest in time).

Somehow, I messed up and mentioned the neck pickup in my OP.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Quote by timfleur1987
I didn't actually read your initial message, but you are right, I am looking for a bridge pickup (initially, i might replace the rest in time).

Somehow, I messed up and mentioned the neck pickup in my OP.

Haha okay I now see why I got the feeling you were looking for a bridge pu.

Ok I basically said I highly recommend the DiMarzio Injector.
I got it in my American Standard strat and it sounds great.
It has a good chunky feel to it, and will work well for the genres you want it for.
It can sound a bit humbuckery if you work with the tone knob, but it still retains a strong single coil character.
I was sorta annoyed at my strat for the longest time, but once I got the Injector in mine it really opened up a new world for me. It's well balanced with the stock neck/middle pickups as far as output goes (and I'm sure that is the case for your MIM strat as well).
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
look into Lace Sensor pups they have many different ones to suit a variety of needs. their higher output pups still retain much of the positives of single coils with more balls. sure one would work for your needs
I actually got a good deal on a second hand Fender Hot Noiseless pickup (EUR 20,00), so I thought I'dd try that one first.

So far, I like it, do I would like to test it in a live-situation to see if it lives up. Otherwise, I will look further into the options provided.

Thanks everyone for the input!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

yeah if you got a deal on that, no worries. Sometimes you just have to go with the deal.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually did my first small gig with it yesterday, and it really lived up. Makes me wonder what happens if I replace the entire set
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

My Ibanez has Fender Hot Noiseless' in the neck and middle. Oh. My. God. They are beautiful. The four position is just absolutely beautiful. The super bell like tone with the hollowness you get in a notch position. IMO it's as good a clean sound as you can get from a pickup perspective. I use the neck position for lead tones and love it. It's sweet, syrupy(best word I can think of), and it bites. I've always preferred single coils for lead tones though, so that's me.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay