Ill keep this short and sweet. I just got back into playing here recently. I play mostly metal but mess around with a little clean blues and stuff mostly just with scales and staring to learn to solo. Anyway I've had my epiphone zakk wylde LP for about 7 years great guitar but think I'm gonna hang it up. The only things I know I want in this new guitar is it to be good quality easy to play active pickups and a nice Floyd rose or other tremolo. Trying to keep yhis under or around 1000 This guitar will be my go to for metal such as BLS pantera trivium COB things like that. Give me some suggestions

If it matter I play through a 75w line 6 spider IV
Last edited by rmcc5017 at Sep 19, 2013,
Is that 1000 in $, £, € or something else?

Try these:

http://godinguitars.com/godinredline3p.htm

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/revolver/67-revolver-elite.html

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/vertigo/65-vertigo-elite.html

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/vortex/66-vortex-elite.html

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/monterey/70-monterey-deluxe-tremolo.html

FWIW, Fernandes has more guitars that meet your specs- the ones I listed are just the ones currently in their direct-sales store. Check their full lineup here: http://www.fernandesguitars.com/

I'd also expect Schecter, Ibanez, BC Rich, ESP & LTD to have a variety of options that would make you happy as well!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 19, 2013,
a lot of people are gonna say that ideally you'd really get a different amp since your current guitar is decent...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That 1000$. And I see where your comming from ill get get a nice amp after I get the guitar. A major reason for getting the guitar first though is that my LP has some annoying chips in the fret dividers
While I fully support the idea of buying new guitars, wouldn't a repair be cheaper? AND you'd get to continue using your baby...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

^ yeah. though it does depend on exactly what the repair is, some repairs can get expensive quickly, while others aren't so bad. Do you mean chips in the actual frets, or in the binding? Not entirely certain what you mean there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a hellraiser c-1fr or an Alexi 600....hmm coincidence I have both for sale both under 1000 haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I recently picked up one of these from Guitar Center using a 15% off promo code which will put you way under the $1000 mark while getting high quality construction/hardware. I recommend you get something with a Floyd Rose Original and not a licensed one. The quality is great on these and mine was flawless when it arrived.

http://bcrich.com/models/guitars-and-bass/Warlock/Warlock-NJ-Deluxe/106

Construction: Neck Through
Body Wood: Mahogany
Top Style: Beveled
Body Binding: Mother of Pearl
Headstock Style: 6-In-Line Pointed Reverse
Headstock Color: Black
Headstock Binding: Mother of Pearl
Tuners: Grover ®
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Binding: Mother of Pearl
Fretboard: Ebony
Inlay: Custom
Frets: 24 jumbo
Scale: 25.5"
Bridge Type: Floyd Rose ® Original Tremolo
Pickups: EMG ® 85 Neck, 81 Bridge
Controls: 3WAY TOGGLE SW (BLACK TIP)+2VOLUME+1TONE
Hardware: Black

Also this one on Ebay for what you get is a steal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BC-Rich-Jinxx-Pro-X-Bich-Guitar-Neck-Thru-Black-White-Stripes-EMGs-OFR-/221284778201?pt=Guitar&hash=item338599c0d9

Before I saw that Jinxx I bought a different BC Rich Bich or I would have picked up one just because of the price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. though it does depend on exactly what the repair is, some repairs can get expensive quickly, while others aren't so bad. Do you mean chips in the actual frets, or in the binding? Not entirely certain what you mean there.

It's in the binding and I know it can be fixed. It's mostly the fact this is the only guitar I've ever had and I want something fresh
yeah i hear that
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Then let the hunt REALLY begin!

Thanks for the replys everyone. Whats the consensus on the dean razor backs? Anyone have any opnions they want to share on that ? Also how does the alexi play sitting down?
I like Deans- I own 2- but don't buy any of the sub-$500 ones.

Quote by rmcc5017
Also how does the alexi play sitting down?

this pretty much goes for any v-style guitar (i haven't tried the alexi, but i've tried similar-shaped guitars)- unless you're comfortable with classical playing position they're a pain to play sitting down.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Personally id go for an LTD MH1000 Or a used ESP Horizon?
http://espguitars.co.uk/guitars-ltd-mh1000fr.html

Ive got the MH400NT (no trem) myself and its just a beauty to use every day.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
That's a pretty nice looking axe I'm gonna check into that a little moe thanks for the suggestion
Quote by Carrot
Personally id go for an LTD MH1000 Or a used ESP Horizon?
http://espguitars.co.uk/guitars-ltd-mh1000fr.html

Ive got the MH400NT (no trem) myself and its just a beauty to use every day.

I'll second this. I've got a Viper 1000 and it's the most comfortable guitar I think I've ever played. It makes me sound better because it hides my mistakes.
highly considering the MH1000 now looks badass and haven't found anyone one with anything bad to say about it.....i do have another question though I've been searching through the forum a lot and keep fining negative feed back on the new gibbons.....whats the deal with that is it true their guitars have fallen off on quality?
Quote by rmcc5017
highly considering the MH1000 now looks badass and haven't found anyone one with anything bad to say about it.....i do have another question though I've been searching through the forum a lot and keep fining negative feed back on the new gibbons.....whats the deal with that is it true their guitars have fallen off on quality?

It comes with a Floyd Rose 1000. I've never had one so I don't know how well they perform. I always try to buy a guitar with a Floyd Rose Original if possible.
Quote by Blackfire.
It comes with a Floyd Rose 1000. I've never had one so I don't know how well they perform. I always try to buy a guitar with a Floyd Rose Original if possible.

They are really well made floyds. My friend has a couple on guitars and they hold up to abuse and stuff.

Just gotta make sure its set up properly then go nuts.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
They are really well made floyds.

nah not really. you can see they've cut corners on them compared to the schaller-made ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go used and get a PRS CE24 they run $1000ish all the time at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
It is a bolt-thru version of the PRS custom 24. I have a CE22 and it is a amazing guitar

they have a CE24 for $999.99 on there right now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 24, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah not really. you can see they've cut corners on them compared to the schaller-made ones.

well compared to the cheaper ones you get on starter guitars they are decent..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Look into a used ibanez prestige. Even the 1550 and 1570, are solid for $500 used from gc's used site. You may have enough to pick up an amp too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Carrot
well compared to the cheaper ones you get on starter guitars they are decent..

yep absolutely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Look into a used ibanez prestige. Even the 1550 and 1570, are solid for $500 used from gc's used site. You may have enough to pick up an amp too.

This.

Or any Ibanez that is made in Japan with an Edge or Edge Pro trem. Both are great trems, as good as any Floyd. The only thing I will say is bad about them is the stock pickups aren't great, my 1570 still has the stock pickups though and they are not bad either.
Quote by J_W
This.

Or any Ibanez that is made in Japan with an Edge or Edge Pro trem. Both are great trems, as good as any Floyd. The only thing I will say is bad about them is the stock pickups aren't great, my 1570 still has the stock pickups though and they are not bad either.

+1, the pickups aren't the best, but a lot of my guitars get new pickups anyways. Also at that price range (IMO) i would sacrifice good pickups in that price range for a lack of quality anywhere else in the guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Alright im pretty much down to an LTD MH1000 schecter hellraiser FR or one of the higher end razorbacks. Between those what do yall think?
Last edited by rmcc5017 at Sep 26, 2013,
Quote by rmcc5017
Alright im pretty much down to an LTD MH1000 or one of the higher end razorbacks. Between those what do yall think?

PRS CE24
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ltd Mh1000 <3

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
I found a razor back 255 with emgs 81/85 for 640$ used and an ltd mh 1000 for 679$ which is the better deal?
Quote by rmcc5017
I found a razor back 255 with emgs 81/85 for 640$ used and an ltd mh 1000 for 679$ which is the better deal?

i have never played a razorback that felt decent. a shop around here was a dean dealer and i played at least six of them back when they were new. totally underwhelmed.

the LTD is better overall in my opinion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by rmcc5017

Played several razor backs over the years and most of them fall short of what id expect. Well, apart from the £3000 one i played, That was pretty decent.

But go for the LTD.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals