Page 1 of 2
Theres tbis bunch of cute sophmore girls who keep thinking I'm a scenester. Waht do?

inb4 cut your hair
¯\_()_/¯
Last edited by CaptainCanti at Sep 19, 2013,
You aren't going to ever sleep with any of them, so just do what you want.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by whywefight
maybe she likes that you're a scenester

+1

But even if not, don't you go changing yourself to please the ladies, especially not at your age

Which is normally terrible advice to give to a UGer but still
Quote by CaptainCanti
Theres tbis bunch of cute sophmore girls who keep thinking I'm a scenester. Waht do?

inb4 cut your hair

Man up, pussy. If they're not already interested then they're not going to suddenly become interested just because you change your clothes or cut your hair.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Edit: ^ actually that's true, so you shouldn't care what they think. You shouldn't care what anyone thinks. Especially not on an internet forum because then you start to hate people like me for nothing and then you look silly.
Quote by raoooos
Stop being a dull cunt. Also cut your hair, it's shit if i remember
Quote by metaldud536
Tell them about your "Mi Pequeño Poni" collection.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 19, 2013,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Man up, pussy. If they're not already interested then they're not going to suddenly become interested just because you change your clothes or cut your hair.

I never said I wanted them to be. This is more of a personal matter. I'm ashamed to be considered a scenester.
¯\_()_/¯
If you have to 'inb4' cutting your hair, then you already know what you have to do.
Quote by metaldud536
Tell them about your "Mi Pequeño Poni" collection.

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CaptainCanti
I never said I wanted them to be. This is more of a personal matter. I'm ashamed to be considered a scenester.

If your hair's still like the one in your pictures then get that stupid dye out of it.
Quote by CaptainCanti
I'm ashamed to be considered a scenester.

"Oh no, I dress a certain way and other people might not like it, boo hoo!"

That's you.

Be confident in yourself; if people judge you for looking a certain way that's their problem and not yours. Take ownership of your life and don't let other people run it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by LostLegion
If your hair's still like the one in your pictures then get that stupid dye out of it.

If I take the dye out, i'll be blonde.
¯\_()_/¯
I was considered emo/scene at a point. Understandably so if i'm honest as admittedly I did look it.

How I changed it was:
Grew my hair out, no longer worn it over my face.
Stopped wearing black skinny jeans for normal blue ripped jeans.

And that was all it took.
Perhaps you should not care what they think of you because they probably don't care what you think of them. Or cry, crying is always an option
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
"Oh no, I dress a certain way and other people might not like it, boo hoo!"

That's you.

Be confident in yourself; if people judge you for looking a certain way that's their problem and not yours. Take ownership of your life and don't let other people run it.

Yep. Some people will call me scene or emo when I'm nowhere close to any of those. They just don't know what they're talking about most of the time. I wear a black shirt and jeans most days. My hair isn't really long or dyed. No skinny jeans.

I don't really care if they call me that because I don't look like that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i can't believe how many people take this guy's posts as serious
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
U should go super scene and then ask them "Did you mean like this?"
Knowledge is power
Quote by Nero Galon
I was considered emo/scene at a point. Understandably so if i'm honest as admittedly I did look it.

How I changed it was:
Grew my hair out, no longer worn it over my face.
Stopped wearing black skinny jeans for normal blue ripped jeans.

And that was all it took.

But...but...but....
I really like my skinny jeans....
They're comfy
I may be super metro/homo for this, but I own two pairs of skinny jeans and enjoy them.

I would never just wear them out to classes or when hanging out with friends, but for actually going out at night or to house parties they work pretty well
In HS I actually dressed scene because all the chicks I was into were into that. Then I realized none of them even dated dudes under like 18-20 so they pretty much considered me their metro friendzoned bff. Them feels when they have you help them pick out bras and underwear and you realize it's gonna be some other older dude getting to see them in um.
Quote by Highelf04
But...but...but....
I really like my skinny jeans....
They're comfy

I liked them a lot too. Unfortunately I liked the basic fashion of skinny clothes, shame that such a negative stigma was attached to it. It wasn't because of others peoples views that I changed my appearance I just felt like a change. People will look at me now and think i'm some stoner wannabe 90s grunge kid. Then when I get my dreads i'll have even more hassle. Can't complain though, its all to be expected.
Skinny/slim jeans are fine, just don't wear stupid slogan/cartoon/band t-shirts and vans with them. Skinny people look stupid in regular sized jeans.
Quote by Nero Galon
I liked them a lot too. Unfortunately I liked the basic fashion of skinny clothes, shame that such a negative stigma was attached to it. It wasn't because of others peoples views that I changed my appearance I just felt like a change. People will look at me now and think i'm some stoner wannabe 90s grunge kid. Then when I get my dreads i'll have even more hassle. Can't complain though, its all to be expected.

People generally go with scene people as having skinny jeans/vans/ridiculous amount of band wristbands on/obscene band t-shirts/fringe in your face hair.

I still go for the first 2, and have pretty much removed the obscene band shirts.
And tbf short hair is quite nicer than in your face fringe.

I just dislike that black skinny jeans immediately=emo/scene/etc.
They're nice and black goes with any colour top so I don't have to put too much effort into colour coordinating
Quote by RPGoof
You should tell her you're a brony instead, I'm sure that will please all the ladies

Damn, u ice cold.
If you think you are scene and wish to stop here are some key points

-Cut your hair, no seriously, either cut it or grow it all out long
-Let the dye fade out, nothing is wrong with blonde hair, hell be glad you have hair!
-Disregard the crap about black jeans, just ditch the crazy skinny jeans, straight cut or relaxed fit all the way, too baggy and you head into wannabe gangsta' area.
-Band t-shirts are fine as long as it isn't August Burns Red or Devil Wears Prada
-Maybe try a collared shirt or full length button up shirt if aiming for a more formal appearance
-Get a nice pair of shoes and not just a new pair of chucks! I suggest retro runners for a casual yet snazzy look, I personal love Nike Mach runners, comfy yet seem to fit with anything I wear.
-Start smoking cuban's and drinking single malt, maybe grab a copy of GQ as well

This wont really help you score at all, but it should help girls from labeling you as a scene person. Props for wanting to fix your outward appearance that seems to otherwise be an issue for self judgement.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by CaptainCanti

considering all the other things you could possibly be classified by them as, scenester is probably one you should embrace..

Quote by Rockford_rocks
I may be super metro/homo for this, but I own two pairs of skinny jeans and enjoy them.

I would never just wear them out to classes or when hanging out with friends, but for actually going out at night or to house parties they work pretty well

i own 3

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Sep 19, 2013,
Dress how you want, kid. There are bound to be people who like you for who you are. Those are the people worth being around.

If you're unhappy with yourself, then change yourself into who you really want to be. But don't do it for other people.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2