I am looking to purchase a USB interface so I can connect my guitar to my computer and record. Is there anything that costs less than $100 that's good?
I have a Focusrite Saffire 6.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 if you only need something small. Beastly little thing
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
I got a factory re-furbed 2i2 from ebay for $105 shipped. Look for the listings to make an offer instead of a bid or buy it now. Low ball and wait for counter offer.

PM sent because I can't remember if ebay listings are frowned on and I don't feel like looking, lol.
Last edited by D_M_I at Sep 19, 2013,
Craigslist and Ebay, Best bet dude, unless you like paying full price, lol I don't
What kind of recording are you going to be doing? Are you trying to mic a cab or use guitar sims on your computer?
Quote by JELIFISH19
What kind of recording are you going to be doing? Are you trying to mic a cab or use guitar sims on your computer?

I want to plug my guitar into my computer for recording.
Go read the interfaces sticky in the Recordings forum.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GuitarMusic360
I want to plug my guitar into my computer for recording.

That doesn't help. You can't just plug a guitar into a computer and make it sound good. There needs to be amp and cab sims if you're not micing. Your method determines what you need. So how do you plan on recording? Will you be doing the tone-shaping externally or with the computer?
Quote by JELIFISH19
That doesn't help. You can't just plug a guitar into a computer and make it sound good. There needs to be amp and cab sims if you're not micing. Your method determines what you need. So how do you plan on recording? Will you be doing the tone-shaping externally or with the computer?

I will be using it to record through GarageBand on my Mac. I will be doing everything within GarageBand.
If you just want something simple and cheap you could get an Apogee Jam.
It'll let you interface with your mac and ios.
The downside is that it doesn't have a headphone monitoring output, but seeing as you'll be running your clean guitar into it, it might not matter if you are monitoring through the headphone out from your mac?

If you could extend your budget you could get a used Apogee One (older version should be fairly easy to find?), and with that you'd be all set if you wanted to use microphones at a later point.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass