Line 6 Spider IV 30

[forbidden link]

Vox Valvetronix+ VT20+ 30 Watt 1x8" Combo

[forbidden link]

Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 40w 1x12" Guitar Modeling Combo Amp

[forbidden link]

So what amp should I get between the 3? Or do you guys have something else in mind (or other models of the same brand)? Budget is about 200 usd. It's just for home use. I play rock (ac/dc, guns n roses, led zeppelin, etc.) and I would be playing with an epiphone les paul standard.

I got a marshall mg 30 cfx from Sam Ash (I don't know why the guy in the store didn't say anything about the amp being awful) a few days ago and before that, I read many forums saying that they suck but I didn't listen and I still bought it just for the brand name , and now I'm gonna return it since I can't get the right sound out of it!
Is this going to be your budget after selling the amp, or will you have more than 200usd if you sell it?

Edit: Just realised you had a thread from the other day and re-posted in it. Keep it to that thread, no need to create a second thread because you dun goofed.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at Sep 19, 2013,
it's my budget after I return the marshall mg

P.S. My bad it's just that I can't find the thread I made a few days ago since I'm kinda new to this website and I don't know where my old thread went. (only way I found my way back to this is I set this thread as my favorite
Last edited by mrbunny1725 at Sep 19, 2013,
Of the three vypyr. Two reasons, 12" speakers are a big factor IMO.

That Line 6 is shit

The vox has a tiny speaker.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would recommend the Vox VT20+.. it has a much warmer sound than the vypyr, and because of the one tube in it, it has more than enough power. (My neighbours will confirm that too^^)

As long as you use it only at home, the 8" Speaker is enough. But for little gigs etc its maybe too small. Can't say anything on the line 6, never tested one.
get a used Marshall class 5 and a Bad Monkey OD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
While the MG isn't great, none of the amps you have listed are much of an upgrade. They may sound a bit better, but at the end of the day you still basically have a starter amp. I would save up a bit and get something nicer.

Quote by Robbgnarly
get a used Marshall class 5 and a Bad Monkey OD

This amp would be great for what you play and a nice upgrade to your current gear. You could probably get that setup for around $300, maybe less if you shop around. If you can save up and increase your budget to $500-600, you will have a ton of other options as well.
Peavey Windsor Studio is also worth a shout. I have one and it does the Marshall Plexi sound pretty good and it runs $150-$250 used. I have had one for a year and it is an OK amp, for $150 is was a steal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1 to the Vypyr

I like the Class 5/Bad Monkey idea too if you can afford it. Completely different than the Vypry though.

And MrBunny - you can click on your user name either here or up in the top right corner and go to your profile. From there you can find a link to all the threads you've ever created. Very helpful.