Page 1 of 2
People were just saying it was leveling out. I'm not sure if anyone even bothers publishing plausible information anymore.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
And I just got a job as well. :/

Time to start stocking up on essential items of life (soap, toothpaste, etc) to use as bartering.

I would be interested though if there was an article in the past month or so expanding on this idea, if we're still on schedule to die and whatnot.
Quote by Trowzaa
Thanks Obama.

If this is true, you're ****ed too bro.

The Atlantic can't save you.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by BladeSlinger
People were just saying it was leveling out. I'm not sure if anyone even bothers publishing plausible information anymore.

If things are getting better, then why didn't the Feds taper off their bonding buying like they said they would a few days ago?
Quote by progdude93
I'm currently standing on zero dollars, with no fixed income. Don't care.

Anyway, this article talks of the world ending in a few months in 2012...it's almost a year old, and likely not relevant anymore.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 20, 2013,
Article: October 2012.

October 2012.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker
Article: October 2012.

October 2012.

Does it matter when it was published? The year they're predicting the collapse in is 2014.

Here's one from last month

http://deadlyclear.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/peter-schiff-catastrophic-economic-collapse-will-hit-the-u-s-economy-in-2013-or-2014/

Trust me, I hope this is BS as much as you do.
Quote by progdude93
Last edited by Jostry at Sep 20, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz
Thanks, theogonia.

What have the russians got to do with this?
Quote by Jostry
Does it matter when it was published? The year their predicting the collapse in is 2014.

Here's one from last month

http://deadlyclear.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/peter-schiff-catastrophic-economic-collapse-will-hit-the-u-s-economy-in-2013-or-2014/

Trust me, I hope this is BS as much as you do.

My whole issue with them "predicting market failure" is that if they were truly able to predict it, where was all of the predicting and warnings before the housing market busted in 2007?

I know the economy is ****ed. And honestly, I kinda hope it does catastrophically fail soon. Things need to change, and the longer we prop the failing system up, the worse off we'll be.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
hey the worlds gonna end on my birthday
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
hmm

we'll see
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
>mfw people on UG will still blame it on Bush.
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 20, 2013,
Quote by SGstriker
My whole issue with them "predicting market failure" is that if they were truly able to predict it, where was all of the predicting and warnings before the housing market busted in 2007?

I know the economy is ****ed. And honestly, I kinda hope it does catastrophically fail soon. Things need to change, and the longer we prop the failing system up, the worse off we'll be.

The people that are saying it will crash, are the same people that predicted the 2007 crash. There were a lot of warnings and predictions back then too.

And I hope it doesn't fail. If the US economy crashes, the entire global economy is going down with us. I don't know about you, but I'm not looking forward to mobs and riots over the remaining bits of food and water in the supermarkets.
Quote by progdude93
Quote by JustRooster
>mfw people on UG will still blame it on Bush.

I always laugh when people try and blame the President for something like this.
It goes way beyond that puppet.

Quote by Jostry
The people that are saying it will crash, are the same people that predicted the 2007 crash. There were a lot of warnings and predictions back then too.

And I hope it doesn't fail. If the US economy crashes, the entire global economy is going down with us. I don't know about you, but I'm not looking forward to mobs and riots over the remaining bits of food and water in the supermarkets.

Well, then what are we going to do? Bail everything/everyone out again? Because that did so much good last time.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Last edited by SGstriker at Sep 20, 2013,
lol right.

if you don't want your dollars anymore since they're gonna be worthless in a few months, shoot em my way.

Quote by SGstriker
Well, then what are we going to do? Bail everything/everyone out again? Because that did so much good last time.

I don't know. Which is why I'm hoping this is just a failed doomsday prediction sort of thing.

The only thing we can do is wait and see, obviously.
Quote by progdude93
Quote by Jostry
I don't know. Which is why I'm hoping this is just a failed doomsday prediction sort of thing.

The only thing we can do is wait and see, obviously.

I do apologize if I seem bitter in my replies. I'm a bitter Libertarian, and anytime the economy issue is brought up, it sets me off.

When it comes right down to it, we as a society today have become too accustomed to living outside of our own means. The longer we prop that up, the worse it will get.

</bitter opinion>
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
lol didn't this happen like twice already?

That article is almost a year old. Things have changed. According to the latest info I've got the economy is currently getting better. Although I don't know about the US, all my investments are in Europe. But if USA really is as important for the world economy as that article suggests, things shouldn't be getting better anywhere if they're not doing so in the US.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
these are the times when i am glad that im a native american and, according to the treaties, am part of a sovereign nati-

oh wait, the definition of sovereign doesn't apply to us.

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Weaponized
Let's just join the EU and have them bail us out

No you don't. All our money already goes to losers like greece and spain. we can't afford one more country, especially not usa
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Why wouldn't the euro take over the dollar?

It was introduced in 1999, and a lot of countries currency either declined big in value or raised. Now merely 14 years later it's right up there.

I witnessed the change from my own currency, and it's remarkable how fast stuff adapts.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 20, 2013,
Typically, we go into a cyclic recession every 8 years. Obama has epically failed to bring us out of the last one, in fact, by all honest accounts he has made it worse, so we can expect to continue the downward plunge on this next one.
It's funny how u can think one person, president or not, can change the economy.

Becoming president is not like becoming head wizard ya know.

Something which is collectively ****ed needs to be solved collectively.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Why wouldn't the euro take over the dollar?

It was introduced in 1999, and a lot of countries currency either declined big in value or raised. Now merely 14 years later it's right up there.

I witnessed the change from my own currency, and it's remarkable how fast stuff adapts.

This is what I was thinking. A large amount of countries are converting a large amount of reserve into Euros from the dollars they trade in. It's like having a gold surplus, except it might actually save them when the crash comes. It's the strongest G10 currency at this time, and that's at least holding an equilibrium across the Eurozone while some countries struggle, and the others sit by saying they won't help but they always do if it looks to turn nasty.

The only bottleneck is the gold which backs new economy printing; your printed currency can't exceed the value of the gold. So there may not be enough Euros circulating to support the world's economy and printing more would just fall into the same hole that the US is in now. If the dollar completely fails, however, that might just give Europe the boost it needs. Almost ironic really.
Well, bernanke just issued release. Pumping to continue, unlimited Quantitative easing. The economy is not improving. The market shot up, the dollar tanked.

Basically all this does is protect the investments of the wealthy, and increase the price of everything for the average person. Less than 11% of the average american public has direct investments in stocks. So the rally helps only the few.

Most of the increase in gas in the us is a direct result of the devaluing of the dollar, not supply. The dollar has long been the reserve currency for the world markets, creating a higher standard of living in the us. Everybody is starting to trade in combinations of their own currency. Once the dollar is no longer the standard the us will see a large change in the cost of living.

2008, the whole world as everyone undestands it almost came to a real and complete collapse. They still dont know how to fix it. The longer the pain is artificially prolonged the worse it will be in the end. This whole thing is far from over. Look at the massive jumps in food stamps, net incomes falling every year.

Just wait until a couple of years of Obamacare and see what the health care system looks like then. No one will recognize this place. Read, Read Read, dont get trapped in a cage guys, the control and oppression of the masses has begun. We are all just cogs in the machine to the politicos and elitists. Good luck everyone, were gonna need it.
The dollar was unpinned from gold reserves by nixon. Look up Fiat currency. That is what we have. The value of the dollar no longer has any relation to physical assets. Its worth what its worth because everybody says it is. Thats why the fed, although they deny it, can keep printing money ad infinitum.
Great to see this up to date breaking news I can't believe its almost Halloween 2012 already
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Read about the derivatives market. that was a catalyst in 2008, its not been dealt with, and has only gotten worse. The amount of crappy derivatives floating around is a number larger than the gross domestic product of the entire world, several times over. No one knows how to untangle those combined instruments and unwind the mess.

All the central bankers across the world know this. Thats why the whole world is printing money in a race to the bottom. Trade wars, currency wars, world wars, thats the progression. When all else fails everyone eventually fights.
Page 1 of 2