I recently got the laney ironheart 60w head and im using it with a laney ironheart 2x12 cabinet. I didn't play it for a week because i was busy but ive had it about a month. after that when i play the volume is really low, much lower than it used to be, and also sometimes when i turn it on it goes loud then really soft. is the impendance right? I have it going from the 2*8 ohm jack on the head to the jack on the cab. this is right because ive used it like this for a month and the guy from the store set it up like that too. is it maybe a bad speaker cable? thanks for the help
Did you buy it new? There should be some warranty on that. First thought is the power amp valves going/gone, but it hasn't been used for a week like you say so I can't comment further than that.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
yeah it was new, how can the power amp valves just break or whatever? i turn it on and off correctly
Quote by Lavatain
Did you buy it new? There should be some warranty on that.

+1

Aside from very obvious fixes (like checking your cables are plugged in correctly etc.), you don't want to be doing anything more involved that might void your warranty if it is new, just in case it's actually a serious problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Matt8766654321
yeah it was new, how can the power amp valves just break or whatever? i turn it on and off correctly

This is why I think you should just take it back. If it is the power amp valves then Laney has a lot to answer to.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
yeah if it's new contact the retailer and see what they say
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lavatain
If it is the power amp valves then Laney has a lot to answer to.

Wut?

Laney doesn't make tubes.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Wut?

Laney doesn't make tubes.

I mean they use poor stock tubes. Sorry I didn't mean they create their own.
Quote by Lavatain
I mean they use poor stock tubes. Sorry I didn't mean they create their own.

Most companys use crap stock tubes. JJ is about the best your gonna do stock and they aren't great, just good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Most companys use crap stock tubes. JJ is about the best your gonna do stock and they aren't great, just good.

I wasn't aware of this. I always see JJ's being recommended as good value for money and the only tube amp I've had came stock with them.
Quote by Lavatain
I wasn't aware of this. I always see JJ's being recommended as good value for money and the only tube amp I've had came stock with them.

Well you nailed it JJ are good value for the money. I use them in some amps, by todays tube standard they are pretty good, in the grand scheme of things they are OK.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you have any effects connected in the FX LOOP, try disconnecting them, then re-connecting them.
Sometimes the jacks, especially the FX OUT, get corroded while they sit.

Also check the FX LOOP level when they are re-connected.
Try a different guitar and different cable straight to the amp. Sounds simple, but that's really where to start. If it does the same, then I agree with others. Take it back.
Quote by Robbgnarly

Is there anything that's not NOS that you consider better?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Is there anything that's not NOS that you consider better?

unfortunately not really, just a little different flavor. I see what you did there

The New Mullard 12ax7 I like better than the JJ though. they work well in marshall style amps
Sovtek 12ax7lps is really nice also

If you read my other post you'll se I did clarify a bit more. Like I said I use JJ's. I use SED power-tubes though, can't be beaten for a new production tub e IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate