Hi all!

So, as is common with the model, my Scarlett 2i2 audio interface has a super low buffer, meaning it runs really hot and clips with really low signal. I run my Pod and my acoustic through it, and even adjusting settings (having the Pod and my acoustics volume on next to nothing, and the gain on the 212 next to nothing) does little to change this.

From my research, most people suggest chucking in a DI with a decent pad to fix this.

I was contemplating getting a Countryman Type 85, as it has up to a -30db pad and looks incredibly reliable.

Any other suggestions for DI's I should look at, or is the Countryman the way to go?

Cheers!
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
I have no problems with my 2i4 interface. But I suppose that has a pad button for -10dB, the 2i2 doesn't have that. Do you use the inst setting on the switch when you use your acoustic? IIRC the inst setting has a lower gain level than the line level.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
The POD runs hotter than the acoustic. I've found the acoustic to be much more controllable.

The line is the lower gain than the instrument I think? But I've found the line level really sucks the tone. It seems... muffled? Maybe lacks sparkle?

Whereas the inst level sounds fantastic, just runs way too hot!
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Yeah maybe I got it the wrong way round. I always use the inst setting when plugging my bass or acoustic straight in. The POD should have a master volume though. I'd bet you just need to turn the volume down. Or channel volume.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Yeah, the Pod has a master level. It's like saying my stereo was too loud until I found the volume knob.