I've noticed that when I play slower arpeggios, I use the generally frowned upon practice of either separating pick strokes or just straight up down picking each ascending note. It works and gives it a different, more staccato sound, that I actually enjoy, though it doesn't seem to allow for a chord like sound. Anyone else do it this way? Although less chordy, it feels more even and almost smoother, in a way. I know Paul Gilbert uses all down strokes ascending and descending, though that style seems to have a better place in metal, from what I've seen. Palm mute and it sounds totally hair metal.
yeah if it's slow enough that I have the choice between sweeping it or picking it, I often do. I normally just do whatever i find easiest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I even do it for sweep type shit, though I HATE sweeps, they're more overused than tapping ever THOUGHT about being.
maybe you should look into finding other ways of incorporating it into your playing if your finding it "overused"
If I don't like it, why would I incorporate it into my playing? There are plenty of other arpeggio styles that I much prefer.
Well maybe you mean something else by smoother but staccato sound is basically the opposite of smooth.If you want smooth flowing arpeggios you either sweep them or play them with all hammer ons or eight finger tap them, basically anything that removes the staccato effect.
Quote by Velcro Man
If I don't like it, why would I incorporate it into my playing? There are plenty of other arpeggio styles that I much prefer.

+100
Peoples obsession with sweep picking on this site really baffles me.
Quote by The Dimery
+100

Dont focus on the technique but the sound it produces.If you want that smooth almost legato-like sound but still picking the notes then you need sweeping...and many people like that sound.Its that simple .
Quote by The Dimery
+100

Metal is just over-saturated as **** with sweeping, that's it, really.