Page 1 of 2
I don't name all of my guitars, but the 3 that I play all the time have earned names.

Blackie - PRS Swamp Ash

May - Epiphone LP Standard

Eddie V - Gibson WRC

Let's see some pics/names of your players. Or, why you think naming a guitar is stupid!
No I don't.

You should be beat for playing that PRS through that MG, but the 11r makes up for it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I got the mg on Craigslist for $150. I'm in the process of reselling. 8) I don't use an amp. 11r to powered speaker.
Quote by Starcounter1
I don't name all of my guitars, but the 3 that I play all the time have earned names.

(snip)

Let's see some pics/names of your players. Or, why you think naming a guitar is stupid!

Nice!

I don't name mine- nor any other inanimate objects I own- regardless of how special they are to me. I don't think it's stupid, but it's not me.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I just got my pet guitar yesterday. I haven't named it yet. I didn't know people did name their guitars XD
Yes. I have a white Strat called White Strat, a R9 LP called R9 and a Select Tele called Select Tele.

It's a very complex system that I call 'not being lame'.
ESP is called Lock. Tele custom is called Stock. And my Jackson is called Barrel..
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I never get the thing of naming inanimate objects

Whenever I get a new one, my mate often says "what are you going to call her?", to which I always reply "I'm going to call IT 'my guitar'". Yep, I make sure I emphasise the word 'it'

I'm the same with cars & motorbikes, I don't get why so many people always refer to their vehicles as feminine. Kind of weird that it's not just men who do it, lots of women seem to feminise their cars as well. I guess they must be in a lesbian relationship with them!!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I named my CT7... Unfortunately, I'm bad with names so I forgot it.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Named my MiM Strat Standard "Lenny". For a few reasons. It was my dad's and hid favorite guitar player is Stevie Ray Vaughan. (Favorite living would be Joe Bonamassa.)

And my Schecter Damien Elite 6 is named "Valentina". Because it's a pretty hot chick name and it ends up working well. Because the guitar is red in color, my favorite guitarist is from "Bullet For My VALENTINE" and I even found 2 hearts in the guitars quilted maple...
I call all of my guitars my little six stringed sl*ts cos I love fingering them so damned much...
Quote by Mephaphil
Yes. I have a white Strat called White Strat, a R9 LP called R9 and a Select Tele called Select Tele.

This.
Quote by GaryBillington
I never get the thing of naming inanimate objects

Whenever I get a new one, my mate often says "what are you going to call her?", to which I always reply "I'm going to call IT 'my guitar'". Yep, I make sure I emphasise the word 'it'

I'm the same with cars & motorbikes, I don't get why so many people always refer to their vehicles as feminine. Kind of weird that it's not just men who do it, lots of women seem to feminise their cars as well. I guess they must be in a lesbian relationship with them!!

And this.

I hate it when people call their guitar "her". It's a freaking guitar, not a woman!

I call my guitar "my guitar" or "Charvel" and my bass "my bass" or "Thunderbird".
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I refer to my guitar as a she, but rarely do I call them by their name when speaking to them. It is mostly for me showing them to someone.

I didn't start doing it till I had multiple guitars.
Quote by MaggaraMarine
This.

And this.

I hate it when people call their guitar "her". It's a freaking guitar, not a woman!

I call my guitar "my guitar" or "Charvel" and my bass "my bass" or "Thunderbird".

At least now I know it's not just me!

Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I do. All girls names, though, because naming guitars with dude names is pretty meh.
Quote by MaggaraMarine

I think this comes from latin-based languages; most stuff related to music is feminine, so I figured that its just a hardwired thing.

Then again, that's just my thoughts on it. They also might call their guitar "her" because they find it attractive. Unless its a woman saying it. Then I don't know what the f**k is going on.

People are weird.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I call my custom Strat "Nova", simply because the first ever song I've ever written on the thing was called "Supernova" (I got it like 6 years ago)
Which reminds me:

In the winter of 1949, King played at a dance hall in Twist, Arkansas. In order to heat the hall, a barrel half-filled with kerosene was lit, a fairly common practice at the time. During a performance, two men began to fight, knocking over the burning barrel and sending burning fuel across the floor. The hall burst into flames, which triggered an evacuation. Once outside, King realized that he had left his guitar inside the burning building. He entered the blaze to retrieve his beloved $30 Gibson guitar. Two people died in the fire. The next day, King learned that the two men were fighting over a woman named Lucille. King named that first guitar Lucille, as well as every one he owned since that near-fatal experience, as a reminder never again to do something as stupid as run into a burning building or fight over women.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Yeah, I name my guitars.
And they have to have women's names.
They all have their own personalities, so it's always something that fits.
Guitars give you less aggro than women I find...
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by 6string_ninja
I kissed some ass and named my beautiful Schecter Daisy after my fiance :P

That's better than a tattoo, at least you can sell the guitar in a few months when you breakup
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My guitar has a sticker that I got from a Cracker Jack bag on the back so in my head I've called it Cracker Jack but Ive never said it out loud.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by Mephaphil

+1

When you go past 50+ (est total) and own in the 20's you forget then it really doesn't matter. My stable is full of keepers, just need a few more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I used to call my SG "f*cking piece of American made crap".......until I changed the nut, put new saddles in the bridge and discovered nut lube

...we´re now friends again and unlike my wife...she doesn´t hold grudges

p.s. I´ve alway´s called my SG a her....but by name call her Angus..... dude looks like a lady.
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Yup.

Cassie, my Tele Deluxe, and Ellie, my Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i name my girlfriends after my guitars.

i had a lot of break ups that year i was into the B.C. Rich stuff.
Saw THAT one...

Quote by Robbgnarly
That's better than a tattoo, at least you can sell the guitar in a few months when you breakup

Fiance as in getting married. Engaged lol. I'll be keeping this one
Quote by gregs1020
i name my girlfriends after my guitars.

i had a lot of break ups that year i was into the B.C. Rich stuff.

well played, mr 1020
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Well I guess I'm bringing this thread back.
Haha as you can see I name virtually all my stuff.
I don't know.. I like it. It feels personal and the best things in life come out of two things...
"Inspiration" or "Desperation".
I think when you lose someone or something you were sure was true and everything..
It's gotta make you inspired. Sure all my guitars are named after exs but why regret something or someone you once always wanted?
"Lara" Epi EJ-200CE
"Nikki" Fender Blues Deluxe

"You know me, I had plans.
But they just disappeared
to the back of my mind."

"Jessi" Airline H78
"Cara" Fender Tele w/ Bigsby
"Hayley" Gibson Les Paul
My strat is called "Fender Stratocaster." Pre named - that's pretty cool; it even has a serial number. All it needs now is a passport and a drivers licence; maybe a wife and some kids too.
Last edited by J-E-M at Mar 10, 2014,
Page 1 of 2