After working all summer, my 21st bday and using alot of spare funds I think I've landed my dream guitar - The Suhr Modern Bengal Burst Pau Ferro with Guthrie specs (what a mouthful ).

In short this guitar looks incredible (crappy tablet camera doesn't do it justice), plays incredible and sounds incredible.

It's versatile as hell due to its 5 way switch and coil tap along with a blower switch. The neck is a dream, not glossed and incredibly smooth. All in all just perfect, worth the hefty sum of money it costs.

I'll try and get better pics up soon!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500

For a dream realized- nice axe!

BTW, what's a blower switch?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
the blower switch automatically bypasses everything so it just goes to the bridge pickup at top volume, im sure it'll be useful
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's hawt. HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Hngd
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Did you custom order, or pick one out at a shop?

Suhr's facility is just a few miles south of my office in Corona. Just before they leave the plant, Suhrs are given a great setup and a run on the PLEK machine. If you custom order, it will generally arrive still in tune.

I rarely see a Suhr in a store, though I know he has some stocking dealers. But I recently stumbled across a place in Riverside, CA called Wild West. It's hidden away in a light industrial complex and there's only a small sign that simply says Wild West on the side of the building. You have to ring a doorbell and then you're buzzed in *if they know you*. As you walk further back, you find room after room of high-end (and ONLY high end) guitars. All electrics, no acoustics (they used to carry acoustics, but dropped them), and only a couple of basses. I saw maybe ten Gibsons (they're not a Gibson dealer; these are used, largely trade-ins). Row upon row upon row of $5K telecasters, etc. Every kind of Fender MasterBuilt strat. Rows of Suhrs, rows of Grover Jackson guitars, yada yada. Their web presence is wimpy, and doesn't even come close to showing what they have available. If you want to get a feel for what a Suhr is all about, this is the place to see them.

No "Eruption" or "Stairway" allowed. They also have a few high-end amps, but I get the impression that these are scattered around largely to give the high-rollers something to play through. This is very much the Anti GuitarDenter.

What was really interesting was a larger room way in the back that was completely unlit when I visited. The owner turned on the lights and I was blown away. There's a complete private club called The Voodoo Lounge back there -- big old stage, great sound system, VIP areas, full bar and a decor done by the people who do the Rain Forest restaurants. You get in via membership or invitation only. Again, there's some web information up and a few crappy pictures, but it doesn't come close to doing it justice.
Last edited by dspellman at Sep 22, 2013,
found in a shop in the UK
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I was lusting after a 2013 special edition # seven string that was on guitar-guitar, but someone bought it...and promptly saved my wallet... That figured ebony fretboard was unreal though.. HNGD dude!