I am working on my MIM strat, put in some new pickups and a kill switch. Everything is wired up and i am almost ready to go. The original ground wire (a solid wire) has snapped so i am going to replace that. Is it okay for me to use a more flexible braided wire? I would think it doesn't matter either way (solid wire or braided wire) but i wanted to check with you guys.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Braided and solid wires have their own pros and cons...

solid wires are less prone to being cut through when trimming the rubber sleeve.
braided/multiple strands of wire is easier to bend, solid tends to snap
Easier to wrap braided/multiple strands with other wires, connecting solid with sold is quite hard.

Either way, braided is tends to be the most flexible, and most applicable but I personally use solid.
???
Braided wire will be fine, I'ts cheaper, more flexible, and I think it's easier to solder. I see no reason to use solid core in a guitar.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
thanks, i ran the braided. It went together ok but after i got the guitar back together something is definitely not right. Looks like i gotta pull everything back apart

I have done lots of work swapping pickups and fixing up guitars but this one is fighting me tooth and nail. Time to go back to square one take it all down to zero and solder it back together with some new pots and switches. Damn.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.