Hi there,

I'm gonna purchase a new electric guitar and I got stuck between 3 (Actually the SLS Solo 6 and the SLS C-1 are almost the same, but one is LP and another is ST style).

The specs are similar but the SLS are $120 more, I'm going for the passive pickups and as much versatility as possible.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-SLS-Solo-6.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-SLS-C-1.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/C-1-Custom.aspx

What's your opinion on choosing one of these 3?
haven't tried them, so i could be wrong, but there doesn't appear to be a massive difference other than the inlays and pickups.

Also the frets are smaller on the C1 custom- it doesn't mention anything about the neck profile/radius etc., but that could well go hand-in-hand with a more vintage neck profile (or may not, I don't know). EDIT: yeah it mentions ultra-thin neck profile on the other two.

from the looks of it it doesn't look like any of them are "better", but you might prefer one over the others.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 21, 2013,
The 3 have 14'' radius and same profile, the main difference are the pickups, so the choice would be between Seymour Duncan Full Shred & Jazz Passive or Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11/'59 SH-1N.

And the inlays are no problem at all, there are fret markers on the side.
my C7 blackjack is great. Really well built and plays/sounds well. The C1's are good also, never tried a Solo 6, but assume the quality will be the same. Sure you'll make a good choice!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Trolololwut
(a) The 3 have 14'' radius and same profile, the main difference are the pickups, (b) so the choice would be between Seymour Duncan Full Shred & Jazz Passive or Seymour Duncan Custom Custom SH-11/'59 SH-1N.

(c) And the inlays are no problem at all, there are fret markers on the side.

(a) ah ok so it's just the fret sizes which are different, then? funny that schecter makes a big thing of the neck profile on two of the models. Might be worth an email to them, just to be sure.

(b) yeah pretty much, assuming what you said before that is correct (and not forgetting about the fret sizes)

(c) well, sure, but it might be a bit of a culture shock if you're used to inlays. Not saying you might not get used to it- but I wouldn't want to say for sure. Some people might not care, others might, kind of thing. It's worth pointing out, at any rate, so he's aware of it and can make his own mind up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The SLS models have a thinner neck profile than the normal models. Other than that they are almost identical to the regular models.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My main concern was about the neck radius, not so much for the thickness of it, it would make the barre chords bit harder.
Yes, the C-1 has medium while the SLS has jumbo frets, and about the inlays, if needed, there are inlay stickers that can be bought.
So I suppose I'll finally go for the C-1 Custom, I love the Crimson Red Burst color of the SLS, but the C-1 has the switch from humbuckers to single coil, which would add way more versatility. Thank you for the help
Quote by Trolololwut
My main concern was about the neck radius, not so much for the thickness of it, it would make the barre chords bit harder.

I really don't have much of an problem with barre chords due to radius. I'm routinely playing guitars with 14" - 16" radii these days and it's a non-issue.

In theory, the rounder radius (smaller number, such as 7.25") guitars are supposed to be a bit more comfortable for chording and compound radius guitars in the 10" - 16" sizes are supposed to be a nice compromise rather than a straight 12" radius. In practice, however, I like the flatter radii better.
^ I find a flatter radius easier for barre chords, too. 7.25" might be better for non-barre chords, but yeah for barre chords I find it harder.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?