Page 1 of 3
My cousin (11) came over to my house yesterday to help me build a mini quarter pipe ramp in my back yard. As the hours went by, I realized it was getting dark. I left my phone and watch in my bedroom, so I asked my cousin if he could go over to the back porch and tell me the time on my outdoor weather/time clock. He walked over and stood there for like half a minute. I looked back at him and thought, "is the clock broken?", "is he day dreaming over there?" No, none of the above, the kid couldn't tell the freaking time. I asked him what time it was. His reply, "um... I don't know". I was baffled. 11 years old and can't tell time. (He knows now, I taught him how to today.) I don't blame the American education system, I blame his parents for not teaching him such a basic thing. Digital clocks are definitly a way of dumbing down kids these days.

Can you tell the time, pit?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Sep 21, 2013,
If I look at the corner of my laptop, yes.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I can but it takes me a bit of time.

But yeah I'm a bit dyslexic with numbers.
Pretty sure all my little cousins can.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I was thinking the other day that non-digital clocks are probably gonna be a big rarity soon.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Because they don't use analog clocks.

i learned reading analog clocks when i was 7, because i had to. We mostly rely on the wall clock (that we still use ^_^), didn't have digital clocks back then.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by k.lainad
Digital clocks are definitly a way of dumbing down kids these days.

op pls
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by k.lainad
Digital clocks are definitly a way of dumbing down kids these days.

My dipshit detector is going off.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by k.lainad
No, none of the above, the kid could tell the freaking time.

Clocks ain't shit.
PM me for newts
Homework for parents!

1. Teach their kids to tell the time on standard clocks.
2. Teach their kids about generalisation.
shit man what if nobody teaches their kids to read clocks and then eventually no one will know what time it is because no one will be able to tell the time and they wont have anything to set their digital clocks with and all the digital clocks will run out of battery and everyone will be late for everything
^What if the internet runs out of battery and forgets what time it is?

Quote by Weaponized
Do you also get mad when people can't read Morris code? Sorry gramps

Don't you mean Morse code? And you don't read Morse code anyway.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Personally I prefer sun dials as a way of accurately telling what the time is.
Quote by Weaponized
Do you also get mad when people can't read Morris code? Sorry gramps

Is that like Morse code for cool kids?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Honestly, if the clock doesn't have numbers it takes me a couple seconds...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by LostLegion
omg wats rong wit dis generashun its de worsest.

first post got it right
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Nero Galon
Personally I prefer sun dials as a way of accurately telling what the time is.

Pffft that's waaay too advanced. What happens when you're stranding in the wilderness with no sundial? It's all about star patterns, sun location in the sky, etc.

Kids these days talkin' 'bout sundials...
Anyone saying analog clocks are obsolete is ****ing ******ed.
It's not any harder to read an analog clock then a digital one, and it looks better, therefore it is better.
Quote by macashmack

It's not any harder to read an analog clock then a digital one

Well...it is, actually. Not much harder, not rocket science harder, but it is harder.
It seems that America is trying too hard to try and compete with Japan to actually teach the children what they need to know. Thank god I went to primary school in England.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
That's weird his school didn't go over them. I remember in elementary school we had plastic clocks and the teacher would call out a time and we'd have to move the hands of it. If you got it wrong you were ostracized and stoned to death.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by willT08
The only question is why would they?

Everyone should learn from the basics. Typewriters.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by macashmack
Anyone saying analog clocks are obsolete is ****ing ******ed.
It's not any harder to read an analog clock then a digital one, and it looks better, therefore it is better.

I don't give a **** if the time 'looks better' on an analogue clock. I don't spend 15 minutes staring at the beauty of an analogue clock every time I want to know the time.
Who ****ing cares
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by Trowzaa
I don't give a **** if the time 'looks better' on an analogue clock. I don't spend 15 minutes staring at the beauty of an analogue clock every time I want to know the time.

An analog clock makes a room look nicer in the same way a painting does. Analog watches look better than digital ones, which in general look cheap imo.
Quote by macashmack
An analog clock makes a room look nicer in the same way a painting does. Analog watches look better than digital ones, which in general look cheap imo.

Yeah but no-one cares is the point
Quote by macashmack
An analog clock makes a room look nicer in the same way a painting does.
no
Analog watches look better than digital ones, which in general look cheap imo.

no
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Clockface watches always look better than digital watches. Is this even a real question
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Andrea55
I can but it takes me a bit of time.

But yeah I'm a bit dyslexic with numbers.

here you go, less numbers than a digital clock!

Page 1 of 3