Sounds like no effects to me. There are just two lead guitars playing at the same time (the other is sustaining a note and the other is doing that fast lick).

Oh, the quality is bad in the video. I have the same album in my Media Player and yeah, there is an effect used. I would say it's flanger.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Just sounds like a wah sitting in either the down or up position to me

Then again, that video quality is atrocious.

EDIT> Ok, so upon listening to a much better version, I'm going to agree with the guy above me and say that it's probably a flanger. It still might be a wah (probably in the 'down' position), or it could be both.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Sep 22, 2013,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Guitar track soloed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBX31RarPI&feature=player_detailpage#t=119

Afraid I have no idea though.

Strange... It sounds like no effects on that guitar track but on the album version I have it sounds like flanger. I have the older remastered version that sounds quite different to the original LP version, though. (There's a newer remastered version that sounds similar to the original version of the song.) They may have added the flanger on the remastered version, I don't know.

It does have a bit of reverb, that's what I can tell when I listen to the guitar track soloed.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Possibly a chorus or flanger, sounds more like a flanger to me.

It could also be the product of double tracking when both tracks are on the same channel (in this case, in the centre). Some modulation is created when that's done.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
But the thing is, the effect is pretty hard to hear (not sure if there even are any effects besides reverb) so it's not that important. Just try to find similar distortion sound if you want similar sound.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
It's just a different setting between guitarists. High gain lots of mids. IMO anyway
Alright, thanks for all the replies. I was just wondering what effect it might be because it sounded cool. But I suppose it could have been many things that got that tone not just an effect.
To me sounds like a wah, he just uses it slightly and doesn't go over the mid position on it, keeps mostly on the heel down position, if you have a wah try playing that with it and see if you can get those tones.
ESP LTD MH-100QM STB with Suhr SSV-N & SSH-B
Phil Pro MS-20
Vox V845 Classic Wah
Fender Mustang IV V.2
Fender Mustang I