I need help figuring out a new head to get. I am a victim of the bugera 6262 ( due to my poor research) and am now looking for something more reliable. I was looking at getting either the peavy 6505 or the marshall dsl 100h. My price range is 900 tops. Any insight on those amps or possibly something better would be much appreciated.

My style of music that i play is punk in the realm of green day, blink 182, sum 41 etc. Figure I should mention that.
Where do you live?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Look here, they have great used prices and a 30 day return policy www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear

look at
Marshall JCM900 sl-x
Marshall JCM2000 DSL50/100 (much better than the new dSL100h)
Krank 1980
Krank Rev
Krank Krankenstein
Peavey 5150
Peavey 6505
Peavey JSX
Mesa Boogie Dual recto
Mesa Boogie single recto

All these and more are in your price range if you buy used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Definitely look at a used Mesa Single Rectifier, or even a Rect-o-Verb.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If I find something in the used gear section on the guitar center website but it's in a different state would they be able to ship it to the state I reside in?
They will ship it to your front door if you want them too.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The older JCM2000 Dsl Can handle all those sounds no problem. The 6505 wont sound bad either, but they are more of a harder sound, think A day to Remember and August burns red. But they still sound awesome! I also recently fell in love with the ORange Dual Terror. They can be had for under that price used. The clean was a little different, like bold and hard rather than springy and nice, but they gain channel absolutely ripped.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by GuitarheroIX
I need help figuring out a new head to get. I am a victim of the bugera 6262 ( due to my poor research) and am now looking for something more reliable. I was looking at getting either the peavy 6505 or the marshall dsl 100h. My price range is 900 tops. Any insight on those amps or possibly something better would be much appreciated.

My style of music that i play is punk in the realm of green day, blink 182, sum 41 etc. Figure I should mention that.

If you want to wait, next month in the USA they will be shipping out the new Blackstar HT Metal Series amps. Might be something to look into.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/htmetal/
Quote by Katsock
I also recently fell in love with the ORange Dual Terror. They can be had for under that price used. The clean was a little different, like bold and hard rather than springy and nice, but they gain channel absolutely ripped.

Bought a DT the other day. Amazing recording/small gig amp. Would be excellent if TS doesn't want a big head.
If you're not afraid of big and loud, then the DSL (the old one) would be a great choice.
[404]Signature not found
Quote by Blackfire.
If you want to wait, next month in the USA they will be shipping out the new Blackstar HT Metal Series amps. Might be something to look into.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/htmetal/

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/ht-metal-100/

Two 12AX7 preamp tubes and a 12AU7 (guessing for a phase inverter or loop driver). Looks like more Blackstar shenanigans.
"Look, it's a tube amp - it's got some tubes in it. No, don't count them, it's a tube amp - honest"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/ht-metal-100/

Two 12AX7 preamp tubes and a 12AU7 (guessing for a phase inverter or loop driver). Looks like more Blackstar shenanigans.
"Look, it's a tube amp - it's got some tubes in it. No, don't count them, it's a tube amp - honest"

Two 12AX7s in a "metal" amp is a hilariously massive red flag.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X