Pit, what do you think are the songs that every starting-out band shouldn't play but keep playing?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
songs that lots of people like, fuck those songs!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Does anyone even need to say them? We all know them already.
Check out my band Disturbed
Any song that your band has ever played, TS. Though it's not so much the song as it is your band's playing ability or lack thereof.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Not really the song, but the douche who always says "freebird!" in the crowd.

The song was released in 1973, so these assholes have probably been going at it for like 35 years, why in the flying **** would it be funny now?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Any band that plays Psychostick that isn't Psychostick needs to hang it up. Sorry but those covers of BEER are terrible
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
For whom the bell tolls, it sounds just as shit played by Metallica as it does every other band.
songs that lots of people like, fuck those songs!
Right? How dare they play popular stuff!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't think we should shed MORE light on the songs we've all heard a million times.

How about:

Songs that you wish were covered at gigs....

I would choose Porcupine Tree....any song, any album.

Edit: To have it your way, TS, I'd say I've heard Sweet Home Alabama waaaay too many times. Also, Freebird.

Quote by naedauuf

The song was released in 1973, so these assholes have probably been going at it for like 35 years, why in the flying **** would it be funny now?

I can't believe I missed that comment the first scroll-through.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Sep 22, 2013,
Wild thing
Magic carpet
Red house
Free bird
Sweet home bama
Back n black

That's usually the set list before my friend and I go up and play peppers ghost, CAB, Goliath, little wing and sidewinder lol.
Quote by WCPhils
Right? How dare they play popular stuff!

It's like they want everyone singing along and enjoying themselves! What the fuck is their problem?
Quote by Dimarzio45

I would choose Porcupine Tree....any song, any album.

Haha my band in high school covered, at different point in our time, Trains, Blind House, Sound of Muzak, Blackest Eyes, Nine Cats, Lazarus, Open Car, Time Flies, and more.

Slightly Obsessed. We could have played full sets of their music if we wanted.
Usually we'd do Blackest Eyes and Trains as standards in our sets, then in some gigs with extra time we'd throw in Blind House or The Sound of Muzak.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Haha my band in high school covered, at different point in our time, Trains, Blind House, Sound of Muzak, Blackest Eyes, Nine Cats, Lazarus, Open Car, Time Flies, and more.

Slightly Obsessed. We could have played full sets of their music if we wanted.
Usually we'd do Blackest Eyes and Trains as standards in our sets, then in some gigs with extra time we'd throw in Blind House or The Sound of Muzak.

Niiiiiiice!
I don't think they should stop playing any of those songs; it's great being 13 and jamming Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I think that if people don't want to hear those songs, then they should leave the gig.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by naedauuf

I still yell it. At last years major Christmas event, I yelled "Freebird!" while they were reenacting the birth of Jesus.

It will never stop being funny.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I still yell it. At last years major Christmas event, I yelled "Freebird!" while they were reenacting the birth of Jesus.

+1

People get so up themselves.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Mind_Reader7

Quote by whoomit
Even AC/DC can't pull off AC/DC.

I saw a band today playing sort of folk/bluegrass music and they did a ACDC song
their whole set was basically like Hayseed Dixie stuff
it was good

also I saw ACDC a while ago and they can pull it off
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Superstition
I Don't Need No Doctor

These two can be played as often as they like
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 22, 2013,
I think covers are ok so long as the band doesn't butcher them...
I hate it especially when a song I really like is being butchered to death.. ruins the song for me.
Quote by Hydra150
I saw a band today playing sort of folk/bluegrass music and they did a ACDC song
their whole set was basically like Hayseed Dixie stuff
it was good

also I saw ACDC a while ago and they can pull it off
These two can be played as often as they like

Oh yeah, Hayseed Dixie can pull it off.

But they wear school uniforms and stuff. Ugh.
Quote by Dimarzio45

How about:

pinback songs are really catchy and good, and should be covered more
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It was these guys;

fun music, the band were pretty lifeless performers though, and in that respect they can't compare to hayseed
still, a full band (with percussion, amplified bass, violin etc) grabs attention better than the average busker
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 22, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
It was these guys;

fun music, the band were pretty lifeless performers though
still, a full band (with percussion, amplified bass, violin etc) grabs attention better than the average busker

I'll try to remember to check this out when I get home.
Last edited by whoomit at Sep 22, 2013,
Quote by naedauuf

Yeah dude I've heard that soo many times. I remember when I saw Motley Crue a few years ago, some ahole shouted "Freebird" and Tommy Lee was like "No were not ****in' playing Freebird."
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I hear Sweet Child O' Mine at nearly every gig I go to, and I haven't seen anybody do the guitar part well, and nobody can sing like Axl Rose, regardless of him being a douchebag.
Quote by yks9991
I hear Sweet Child O' Mine at nearly every gig I go to, and I haven't seen anybody do the guitar part well, and nobody can sing like Axl Rose, regardless of him being a douchebag.

Yeah not even Axl Rose can sing like Axl Rose now.
gigs
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If I ever have to hear Mustang Sally or Brown Eyed Girl again, I'm gonna murder everyone involved.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by captainsnazz
I Cum Blood and Bangarang

I didn't realise that was actually an actual thing until I finally got around to listening to Tomb of the Mutilated all the way through. It's not even that good of a song.

Am I safe playing Master of Puppets?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
I didn't realise that was actually an actual thing until I finally got around to listening to Tomb of the Mutilated all the way through. It's not even that good of a song.

Am I safe playing Master of Puppets?

Mop is near impossible to play perfect when not on speed

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by yks9991

When I was in high school, the guitar teacher there said that I was the first person he'd ever seen play the riff to Sweet Child O' Mine properly. He'd been teaching guitar since well before that song was released, so I was pretty chuffed about that.

\braggingdouche
Quote by neidnarb11890