Page 1 of 2
Movies/Games/Books, anything you emotionally invest in. Movies, books and games which are bad all-together don't count, only those that draw you in with the story and are wholly ruined by the ending.

I don't play games much, but having beaten an old game I adored just now, I will now quit gaming to avoid future disappointment.
I realise that it's all fiction and move on with my life.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I thought this would be about relationships, at which I would say consider drinking.

As it's not, I will say, who gives a roiling shit?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Thankfully haven't come across many that I recall. I guess I must get slightly peeved and then forget about the whole thing a week later.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I try to move on without bitching too much. However, it does really suck when you invest a bunch of time into a game or book only to be left with a shit ending. I experienced this when I read Under the Dome. Great story up until the last 30 pages....seemed like a rushed ending.

But I got over it and moved on as gracefully as possible.
I get kind of annoyed if a film has a shitty ending, i mean, not shitty as in, bad for the characters, just shitty as in poorly written. I don't dwell on it for ages though, i just think "well that was a waste of two hours" and move on.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
i whine to the internet about how terrible my life is because of it
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
i whine to the internet about how terrible my life is because of it

So you're the one who started it!!?
wat to u mean by bad endings? like do u mean poorly written endings or do u mean endings that kills off your favorite character?
I kind of feel uneasy after them for a few days (the Telltale Walking Dead game is a good example) but after that I'm fine. If it's a sad ending it kind of sucks especially if a character I liked died or something. Also, when the ending really sucks and is just dumb and/or anti-climactic (like GTA 4, Killzone 3 or Uncharted 3, for example) I just get pissed off like "well, that sucked. That's time wasted that I'll never get back".

I've never thought about stopping gaming because and ending sucks though, that's just idiotic. Play better games.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I write Vince an angry letter
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by stonyman65
I kind of feel uneasy after them for a few days (the Telltale Walking Dead game is a good example)

What.

The Walking Dead had one of the best endings of anything ever T_T
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
You don't. It scars you for life. #pussy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by entity0009
I fucking love them. Tired of deus ex machina happy endings.

A deus ex machina happy ending IS a bad ending. As in poorly written.

I don't know why anyone would bitch about a nicely written ending, just because it kills off one of the characters or something. Seems borderline ******ed to me.
Quote by jebbe9696
A deus ex machina happy ending IS a bad ending. As in poorly written.

I don't know why anyone would bitch about a nicely written ending, just because it kills off one of the characters or something. Seems borderline ******ed to me.

That's what I'm addressing here, endings that are bad in terms of writing, not that they're sad/depressing.

Quote by stonyman65
I kind of feel uneasy after them for a few days (the Telltale Walking Dead game is a good example) but after that I'm fine. If it's a sad ending it kind of sucks especially if a character I liked died or something. Also, when the ending really sucks and is just dumb and/or anti-climactic (like GTA 4, Killzone 3 or Uncharted 3, for example) I just get pissed off like "well, that sucked. That's time wasted that I'll never get back".

I've never thought about stopping gaming because and ending sucks though, that's just idiotic. Play better games.

This conclusion assumes that there are better games to be played, which there probably are, but I wouldn't like them, so it's very much taste-dependent.
Last edited by Aralingh at Sep 22, 2013,
Quote by whoomit
My life is ruined because I'll die in the end.

Boohoo.

Fuck, man. You could've spoilered that.
signature
The ending doesn't ruin a game or a film. The end of Mass Effect 3 sucks but the 30 hours before that are some of the most fun hours I've spent gaming. The ending doesn't affect that in the slightest.
I hated the last book out of the Hunger Games trilogy enough that I decided its not a trilogy, its just the one book as far as I'm concerned. (The second book was fine but it only served to lead up to the third, which seemed poorly written and just overall dumb.)

Usually I just try to remember that not every ending can be as good as the ending to the Pendragon series.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

I quite liked the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Didn't really like the ending to Lost all that much but I can still look back at it and say it was a show that I really enjoyed overall.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I hated the last book out of the Hunger Games trilogy enough that I decided its not a trilogy, its just the one book as far as I'm concerned. (The second book was fine but it only served to lead up to the third, which seemed poorly written and just overall dumb.)

I like to do the same with Pirates of the Caribbean.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Usually I just try to remember that not every ending can be as good as the ending to the Pendragon series.

I was gonna say this, I read the three Hunger Games books and enjoyed the first 2, the last just seemed like the author couldn't be arsed it was like she dragged the intro to a book out then gave 3 chapters for the story and ending.
In all honesty I now welcome bad endings because the good guys winning in the most predictable ways is now just dull.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I was gonna say this, I read the three Hunger Games books and enjoyed the first 2, the last just seemed like the author couldn't be arsed it was like she dragged the intro to a book out then gave 3 chapters for the story and ending.

It bothered me the most that Katniss is still the main character but she basically doesn't do shit the whole third book. Everything would have been pretty much the same if she wasn't even in the book.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Normally I get over it, I love a good twist at the end.

In Game of Thrones... not so much.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
^ +1 Game of Thrones has wrecked my soul.

I dunno if im going to be able to cope with Breaking Bad ending forever next week.
Sail upon the open skies
I cri erryteim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112

With happy endings.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The only endings I really dislike are the ones that I know have to happen. For example if you know your favourite character has to die for the story to work, you don't want the ending to come. In retrospect it's best for consistency and adds to the story.

That was my whiny pussy spiel. Have a good life.
I quit investing, though now I find a LOT of stuff to be very boring.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I get really pissed for about a day and then find something else to invest my time in. There's always another game, another book. The ending to The Dark Tower really disappointed me at first, and then later I realized it was probably the best ending there could have been.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Normally I get over it, I love a good twist at the end.

In Game of Thrones... not so much.

I'm still not over Ned Stark dying! (Sean bean dies again Lol)
Page 1 of 2