My apologies for any double post confusion due to been advised that my best answers would come for this section.

I'm looking for that bit of magic in my sound while recording.
Gear wise I'm currently using a ibanez rg350dx with a paf pro and Fred pickup
Now dispute the edge 3 its not a bad guitar and managed to set it up pretty well to stop the out of tune issue.
After Xmas I will be saving for maybe a ibanez rg920qmz or js24p but that's a whole new story

Right now I'm looking for a good direct recording sound without the amp.
I have got a line 6 hd500 and the distortion just wasn't doing it for me so decided on a second hand blackstar ht dual distortion and that just blew me away but the hd500 now feels too much for what I need and tbh it's lacking something and the high end seems to be argh.

So do I part exchange it for a tc electronic nova system so I can still have stereo output into my focusrite or (and this seems like I could loose that stereo sound),
Part exchange for a blackstar ht5rh (head) and use my old tc electronic m350 in the loop.

I really have fell out of love with line 6 and everything I have bought from them just lacks that certain charm I'm after.

Given the fact I can't mic up because of sound levels I'd be really interested in what opinions people will have to give.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jamie.
i just use logic or garage band for a DAW and plug my guitar directly into the interface. the DAW usually has loads of effects and amp emulation, also usually has quite a few stereo effect options.

this is roughly what i get doing that.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play733334

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15421780/music/03%20the%20element%20of%20surprise.mp3

those are just two random tracks i made using line in guitars. don't even think i used an interface for these, think i just plugged right into the computer.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by jamie.lofts
My apologies for any double post confusion due to been advised that my best answers would come for this section.

I'm looking for that bit of magic in my sound while recording.
Gear wise I'm currently using a ibanez rg350dx with a paf pro and Fred pickup
Now dispute the edge 3 its not a bad guitar and managed to set it up pretty well to stop the out of tune issue.
After Xmas I will be saving for maybe a ibanez rg920qmz or js24p but that's a whole new story

Right now I'm looking for a good direct recording sound without the amp.
I have got a line 6 hd500 and the distortion just wasn't doing it for me so decided on a second hand blackstar ht dual distortion and that just blew me away but the hd500 now feels too much for what I need and tbh it's lacking something and the high end seems to be argh.

So do I part exchange it for a tc electronic nova system so I can still have stereo output into my focusrite or (and this seems like I could loose that stereo sound),
Part exchange for a blackstar ht5rh (head) and use my old tc electronic m350 in the loop.

I really have fell out of love with line 6 and everything I have bought from them just lacks that certain charm I'm after.

Given the fact I can't mic up because of sound levels I'd be really interested in what opinions people will have to give.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jamie.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but Blackstar is shipping out their new HT Metal Series amps in the USA next month. I'm waiting to try some out once they get here.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/htmetal/
Quote by Blackfire.
I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but Blackstar is shipping out their new HT Metal Series amps in the USA next month. I'm waiting to try some out once they get here.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/htmetal/

The HT only had 1 tube for the gain stages. Bunch of SS stuff in there. If you like the sound then who cares but lots of people with them get bored of them easily due to lack of dynamics.

It looks like they just added more SS stuff for the 'metal' version. More diodes. Yippie. Count me in.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Sep 22, 2013,
Quote by R45VT
The HT only had 1 tube for the gain stages. If you like the sound then who cares but lots of people with them get bored of them easily due to lack of dynamics.

Only the 1watt and 5watt push pull amps have the one tube for gain, and one for power. The other HT models have more. How many tubes would you recommend for gain on the 1watt and 5watt?

The Metal Series is based off the HT line but has been re-voiced in the pre-amp for a more modern metal tone, also the cleans are a bit scooped.

Quote by R45VT
It looks like they just added more SS stuff for the 'metal' version.

Quote by R45VT
Bunch of SS stuff in there.

The way you describe this amp makes you sound not very knowledgeable about amplifier design.

Quote by R45VT
More diodes.

Not sure where you saw more diodes at?

Quote by R45VT