I've been pretty enamored with Drop A# tuning (Tune guitar half-step down and then tune the E down to a Bb) lately. I know that Alter Bridge uses it quite often, but I'm wondering if there are any other bands that use it. Can anyone suggest me a few songs to check out from other bands that use it?
Drop A# tuning would be tuning the guitar down 2 whole steps, and then E to Bb. So, I'm not sure if you mean the actual Drop A# tuning or if you've been actually tuning Bb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb, in which case I can't actually imagine what that's useful for...
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Drop A# tuning would be tuning the guitar down 2 whole steps, and then E to Bb. So, I'm not sure if you mean the actual Drop A# tuning or if you've been actually tuning Bb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb, in which case I can't actually imagine what that's useful for...

Yeah I mean the Bb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb. Like I said, Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy use it quite a bit in Alter Bridge. It's been pretty useful on their past two albums. I'm trying to find another band that uses it.
I think Feared uses it a bit. Maybe some In Flames too, I know Alias is written in it. But it's not a tuning used very often. You could search for bands that tune to 7 string standard Bb and see if these songs work in the dropped tuning.
Last edited by Sethis at Sep 23, 2013,
I know that Audioslave uses a tuning like this for Gasoline and Tool uses it for Prison Sex.

Although I think for both those songs it's just B-A-D-G-B-E. No flat.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
Drop A♯/Drop B♭ - A♯-F-A♯-D♯-G-C / B♭-F-B♭-E♭-G-C
Two full steps down from Drop D. Utilized by bands such as Hostility, Issues, Static-X, Bring Me the Horizon (since Suicide Season), In Flames, Sybreed, Hellyeah, Amaranthe, Breaking Benjamin (since Phobia), Parkway Drive, Otep, Spineshank, RED, Bury Your Dead, Eye Empire, Dirge Within, Remembering Never, and occasionally Chevelle, Darkest Hour, Evanescence, 9oz of Nothing and Sevendust.

So sayeth the great prophet Wikipedia of Internets.