I've been playing guitar for over the past 4 years on and off kind of a love/hate relationship, i finally jumped into guitar lessons and grabbed a cheap MIM strat off craigslist for 125 dollars with a few chips and scratches but no overall damage, am now looking for an amp, i don't play live i don't care for a large amount of volume due to roommates and people complaining about noise constantly.

Two amps which i am currently looking at are

Fender Excelsior or a Fender Pro Jr.

Recommendations are welcome..
try the Fender Champion 110..i have one with my MIM strat and i love it!!!sounds great and is very versatile. Very inexpensive as well.
the reason i was looking at those two amps is because i'd like to finally get my hands on a tube amp had a 25r which a friend borrowed and never returned before you left the country... but the 25r honestly gave me nothing but trouble mostly with breaking up after i put the volume up higher then 3
My gear

MIM 2003 Fender Strat
Vox Pathfinder 10
Boss Super Chorus
EHX Big Muff Pi
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
well if your looking for a nice tube amp the fender pro jr or fender blues jr is great. I really like the sound of fender guitars through fender amps. It's sounds so perfect, like a match made in heaven.
Look for a (used or new depending on budget) Vox AC4c1

The excelcior is nice, but it did have some issues at the start

The Por Jr is decent
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

The excelcior is nice, but it did have some issues at the start

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd put in a vote for one of the Line 6 Spiders -- maybe the small single speaker options, since you're just getting your start. I'm pretty partial towards those amps.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
I personally wouldn't bother with a tube amp if you can't crank it.
I would suggest trying one of those Yamaha THR babies.
(Invalid img)

Or a Vox Pathfinder (15R preferably). Really sweet classic Vox tones outta this.

^just pics off the web
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
i heard about the issues with the excelsior at the beginning that is why i am partial to buying it i tried one out at the guitar store and wasn't that impressed with it, the pro jr was nice and i think that will be the way to go, i mostly play blues music so i should be able to use that to get the right tones, has anyone heard anything about the new 9w ramparte
My gear

MIM 2003 Fender Strat
Vox Pathfinder 10
Boss Super Chorus
EHX Big Muff Pi