I've got it working but for some reason i keep getting a really annoying shreik feedback when i mute the strings and also when i turn on the the OD-808 it creates a noticable feedback/ hum even when the NS-2 is on. The Ns-2 does cancel out the hum, but still leaves the OD-808 hum and takes some time 2-5 seconds to completely remove the feedback. Here is a vid showing it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JF2NIKC0IM&feature=youtu.be

I used this method :

Guitar Out to NS2 Input

NS2 Send to Effects Chain to Amp Input

Effects Loop Send to NS2 Return

NS2 Output to Power Amp In

I've put mute on and had both parameters on highest and still have these problems
Quote by Axle1
I used this method :

Guitar Out to NS2 Input

is the "Power Amp In" a Effects Loop Return jack or a separately labelled jack that says that specifically?

Make sure the amp & all your fx pedals are connected on the same line, as in same wall outlet using an extension cord or power conditioner, or else it will introduce a ground loop in the form of hum which the NS2 won't get rid of.
This may sound like an odd suggestion but I used an NS-2 for years and experienced similar issues. A few months ago I bought a Zoom MS-50G ($100 new) to supplement my rig with some new effects. There's actually quite a bit of usable stuff in it but what really surprised me was the noise-gate. It's excellent, it eliminates the hum but is far superior to the NS-2 as a gate. I run it last in my chain with it set high (24 out of 25) for my main distorted sound and it's PERFECT. It doesn't affect my tone at all and notes decay naturally but it's dead-silent the instant you mute the strings- perfect for quick start-and-stop metal riffs and breaks. I do have to open it up a little (19 out of 25) for my clean sound or it chokes off my reverb a bit but I've been happy enough with it that it replaced my NS-2 entirely. It's so quiet I can have my amp set for a high-gain sound and at concert volume and it doesn't even sound like the amp is plugged in-- kinda freaked me out the first time I used it onstage. It was so quiet I thought my amp must've died, I was so used to there being hiss when a high-gain sound is cranked up. There's even a switch to set it for guitar-in or effects-in so that the gate won't choke off reverbs or delays unless it's set really high. Anyway, probably an unconventional solution but it's inexpensive and works perfectly for my needs, and you might find it's compressors/EQ's/effects can come in pretty handy as well.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Sep 23, 2013,
Put the NS-2 like this

Guitar>pedal FX>NS-2 input>amp input>FX loop send>FX pedals>NS-2 input>FX loop return

Putting the NS2 before the od pedals negates the effect of having the Ns2
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Axle1
I've got it working but for some reason i keep getting a really annoying shreik feedback when i mute the strings and also when i turn on the the OD-808 it creates a noticable feedback/ hum even when the NS-2 is on. The Ns-2 does cancel out the hum, but still leaves the OD-808 hum and takes some time 2-5 seconds to completely remove the feedback. Here is a vid showing it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JF2NIKC0IM&feature=youtu.be

I used this method :

Guitar Out to NS2 Input

I've put mute on and had both parameters on highest and still have these problems

There's the problem. Try setting the decay to 9 oclock and the threshold to 3 oclock. The decay controls how long it takes for the gate to kick in. Lower the setting, the quicker the gate. This should solve the kick-in problem.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 23, 2013,
Make sure that your NS2 Output is going to your amps Return.

Other than that, the issue seems to be glaringly obvious, unless I'm misreading. As Robbgnarly mentioned, putting your NS-2 BEFORE your FX chain makes having the pedal at all useless. The point is to put it after, so it can actually gate/suppress the noise they make.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X