Page 1 of 3
I want to make a thread about this to raise awareness. This is nothing new. A German scientist a long, long time ago concluded that glucose fuels the growth of cancer. Now, mainstream media seems to have noticed this.

I recommend you watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-4CilNCcc

And this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGS3jdjJGE

To summarize

>German scientist long ago said glucose fuels cancer
>Since the 70s and 80s, fast food restaurants have increased dramatically.
>Government said Fat is bad, causes heart problems.
>Food industry knows food without fat tastes bad, so they added sugar and high fructose syrup into food.
>Obesity numbers have increased dramatically to what they used to be.
>Diabetes has increased dramatically.
>Scientists have now noticed obesity links with cancer rates.

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/149

http://www.infowars.com/new-mri-research-reveals-cancer-cells-thrive-on-processed-sugar/

This means all your white bread bread, brown bread, low fat yogurt, bagels, pasta, rice, potatoes, mars bars, deep fried mars bars, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, etc., put you at risk of cancer.

You might say "But Phil! Don't you know that, pretty much, ANYTHING gives you cancer now a days?"

Sure. I don't mean to argue this. There are many different kinds of cancers and I'm sure they aren't all triggered by the same things.

Like smoking. Smoking causes cancer. But wait, aren't people smoking less?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/why-smoking-rates-are-at-new-lows/?_r=0

And still, cancer rates are increasing.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/246061.php

Wow. Think about it. People are getting cancer from food, and pharmaceutical companies are profiting from drugs that treat cancer, but don't cure it. It's almost as if Big Food and Big Pharma are in bed together.

And one more thing...

Scotland has the most obese people in the UK.
Scotland has a diabetes epidemic.
Scotland has the highest cancer rate in the UK.

Pit, discuss.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 23, 2013,
nice thread yo
but you need to learn to format around spoiler tags

and I just want a wee bob-e
te buy some coulters candy
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 22, 2013,
I got into bed with a pharmasict once. And a lady from a fast food place. Both times i woke up missing a kidney. I think that's relevent rite?
I'm pretty sure I just ate a mint right now. Thanks...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Cancerous cell have been detected in organisms as early as 3 billion years ago (this is still undergoing peer review just FYI). Its caused by genetic mutations that do not get corrected by the cells natural defense mechanisms. So everything causes cancer and quite honestly who cares. It is a great population control method.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Meh
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
shit i just had some shredded wheat and sprinkled sugar all over it

well i guess this is goodbye pit
Can't be any worse than your formatting.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
We already have cancer cells laying dormant in our bodies. Just living puts us at risk.
I don't have to time to look at all the links now but is it sugar itself, or problems that arise due to eating too much sugar that cause cancer? I suspect it's the latter.

Quote by DamienEx1021
Cancerous cell have been detected in organisms as early as 3 billion years ago (this is still undergoing peer review just FYI). Its caused by genetic mutations that do not get corrected by the cells natural defense mechanisms. So everything causes cancer and quite honestly who cares. It is a great population control method.

yeah the presence of cancerous cells themselves is not an issue, it's when they start causing other health problems

Also, at least locally, much of the increase in certain types of cancer (especially breast cancer) can be directly attributed to increased awareness, self-checks, and free clinical screenings.

While we're spreading awareness, I would like to take this opportunity to say that you do not have to be fat to get type 2 diabetes. I joined some diabetes forum and all the type 1s there think they're superior to type 2s and call them gormless fattys and shit, like seriously shut the **** up what if you died tomorrow
cat
I've seen people who live a vigorously healthy lifestyle and kick the bucket from cancer at a young age, and I've known a two pack a day smoker and habitual fried food fiend who lived to ninety. You never know.

All the organic food and holistic medicine in the universe can't save you from the chaos that is existence.
last.fm[/url}
Eh doesn't bother me one bit. "I hear that starlight causes cancer, but what doesn't these days" - Stewie Griffin
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quite frankly the number the number of things can possibly harm you or possibly help you and the unsureness surrounding just about all of it is too much to even bother wasting my time thinking about. I just keep an estimate on my calories and relax.
Quote by SATANIC_ASSHAIR
You Know What Else Causes Cancer? Ops Threads.

No, OP's threads ARE cancer. Sugar causes OP's threads.
If I remember correctly from other articles and such, a normal daily consumption of sugar isn't enough to cause significant harm. But of course, many people consume more than a "normal" amount.

Considering this concept of a cancer-causing agent along with all of the other problems associated with a high-sugar diet, it is definitely something that needs to be corrected.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Sep 22, 2013,
dammit, i ****ing love candy.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You are cancer, TS. Seriously.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
your mom causes cancer TS cancer of the balls cuz her pussy so nasty
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Philip_pepper

Scotland has the most obese people in the UK.
Scotland has a diabetes epidemic.
Scotland has the highest cancer rate in the UK.

Haha, didn't even catch this last part before my previous post but it totally makes sense.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jambi_mantra
Meh

+1
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by guitarxo
what if you died tomorrow

I wouldn't have to worry about cancer or beetus at least.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
ITT: The day Phillip_Pepper honestly believed that glucose caused cancer. Glucose. Seriously.
Sometimes i wonder oxygen as a poisonous/cancerous substance that prevents humans from living thousands of years. But then i can't name a single living thing on earth that doesn't depend on oxygen.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

I don't care.

Now if you excuse me I have to chainsmoke cigarettes while I rub a mobile phone on my balls.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Did you guys know the reason that humans can't regenerate limbs is because the gene that prevents us from doing it also fights off cancer?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by DartS17
I wouldn't have to worry about cancer or beetus at least.

But people you know would be sad if you died
cat
High fructose corn syrup will kill you pretty quick. Real sugar is what your body needs but too much can be a bad thing.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
nothing causes cancer except the cells in your body, everything else just increases the risk.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by entity0009
I don't care.

Now if you excuse me I have to chainsmoke cigarettes while I rub a mobile phone on my balls.

Then put your phone on vibrate cos I'm 'bout to call you
Cells use sugar as food.
Cancer is cells.
Cancer uses sugar as food.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by BoxCarMothra
I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to eat anymore.

Greek yogurt.
Bacon.
Eggs.
Tuna.
Salmon.
Non-breaded Fish.
Chicken.
Lamb.
Pork.
Beef.
Nuts.
Seeds.

Basically, anything high in protein and high in fat. Things that cavemen may have eaten.

Eating fat doesn't make you fat.

In fact, eating fat will make you feel full longer and your body will use your belly fat as energy. So not only is this diet good against cancer, it'll make you lose weight too.

Quote by JustRooster
ITT: The day Phillip_Pepper honestly believed that glucose caused cancer. Glucose. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_hypothesis

The Warburg Effect describes the observation that cancer cells, and many cells grown in-vitro, exhibit glucose fermentation even when enough oxygen is present to properly respire. In other words, instead of fully respiring in the presence of adequate oxygen, cancer cells ferment.

Here you go. But, hey, don't listen to that guy. He's just a Nobel prize winner.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 23, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Greek yogurt.
Bacon.
Eggs.
Tuna.
Salmon.
Non-breaded Fish.
Chicken.
Lamb.
Pork.
Beef.
Nuts.
Seeds.

Basically, anything high in protein and high in fat. Things that cavemen may have eaten.

Eating fat doesn't make you fat.

In fact, eating fat will make you feel full longer and your body will use your belly fat as energy. So not only is this diet good against cancer, it'll make you lose weight too.

Yes it does.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 3