Hey guys.

Recently bought an ESP Ltd SC607b (very nice signature 7 by the way, i love it..!)

I have tuned it to drop A# e.g. A# F A# D# G C F using .010 - .059 gauge D'Addarios and replaced the .059 with a .066 due to lack of tension.

Problem being i am still getting alot of string buzz from the .066 and marginal amounts from the next three strings down.

Are the strings too light..?
Any suggestions on string gauge to correct this??
I actually find it a bit strange you're finding the .059 too light in the first place?
My RGD2027 (26.5" scale) came with that string set, and I have mine tuned to B standard, and I am finding it very close to perfect, verging on slightly too tight (I am actually going to change it to a .056, because I'm changing to EB strings anyway).
I have no problems at all dropping the low B to an A with these strings though.

I tried a .060 on my RG2228 (which is 27" scale, same as yours), and that was just crazy tight for a B, and I'd think A# would be just about as tight.

Also, isn't the .010 just about close to exloding when you're tuning it up to F on a 27"?
I'd also take a look at the neck bow, since that's quite a lot of tension on the neck.

Sorry if I'm lacking in suggestions, I'm just a bit puzzled
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
066 for the low A# on a baritone is pretty heavy fo me.

i guess you need an neck adjustment for the fret buzz
Quote by Shor
I actually find it a bit strange you're finding the .059 too light in the first place?
My RGD2027 (26.5" scale) came with that string set, and I have mine tuned to B standard, and I am finding it very close to perfect, verging on slightly too tight (I am actually going to change it to a .056, because I'm changing to EB strings anyway).
I have no problems at all dropping the low B to an A with these strings though.

What!? I have a 26,5" Schecter, perfectly set up, but with a 0.60 it's way too sloppy to tune to A, it's close to perfect as B however. I'm gonna try a bit heavier next time I restring.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
I think you have a truss rod issue.

I have a 6 string LTD with a 25.5'' scale in drop A#. I have zero string buzz with a 12-56 set.

EDIT: If it has a TOM bridge then a 60 probably will be floppy.

I have two LTD's with 25.5'' scales, both shod with 12-56. The one with a Floyd feels perfect at drop A#. The one with a TOM feels like noodles at the same tuning, I need to go all the way up to drop C# to get the same feel.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 23, 2013,
Thanks guys, was thinkin there might be a neck issue. Drop A# shouldn't b a prob for this guitar at all.

I didnt expect to have immediate problems with a $1600 guitar, will be having a few words with the store to sort the problem asap.

I am not much of a guitar tech, does the neck thru construction still allow adjustment??
Quote by divinebrutali
Thanks guys, was thinkin there might be a neck issue. Drop A# shouldn't b a prob for this guitar at all.

I didnt expect to have immediate problems with a $1600 guitar, will be having a few words with the store to sort the problem asap.

I am not much of a guitar tech, does the neck thru construction still allow adjustment??

I wouldn't really say there's a "problem" with the guitar itself. You have it tuned in an unusual way with too heavy strings (at least for the first 6 strings imho), and that will put more strain on the neck, and it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

A neck-through construction allows the same adjustments as a bolt on or a set neck, yes.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass