I thought it was gonna be just another generic compilation, and it kind of was, but that dude has some serious chops. Made it worth while. Too bad Colin'll probably have to move/close this.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
idk what that whole thing about solos being pushed out of music in the 90s was about. hell, the big four grunge bands that got big then had tons of solos.
Goes from Satisfaction, Day Tripper, and Pinball Wizard to Wipeout, even though Wipeout predated the first three. Makes sense.

His rendition of the Beat It solo is awful too.

And solos in general just suck. The best songs on that video were the "non-solo" songs.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Sep 23, 2013,
Quote by TunerAddict
And solos in general just suck. The best songs on that video were the "non-solo" songs.

i never get this , please explain further.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by lt mittens
i never get this , please explain further.

Don't worry, it's just the new trend on UG to hate on solos. But as usual, it's just a wave that will soon fade away just like Britney Spears and Vanilla coke.
Quote by MetalMullet
Don't worry, it's just the new trend on UG to hate on solos. But as usual, it's just a wave that will soon fade away just like Britney Spears and Vanilla coke.

you pretentious little twit
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Pretty good video. Could probably be put on the front page of UG.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Cool, an incredibly basic an surface-level understanding of rock music.

Spoiler Alert, they claim John Mayer (a half-assed blue lawyer hack) is the culmination of rock guitar. Also they use terrible digital fuzz tones and doesn't understand how Jimmy Page used a half-cocked wah.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh wow, I kinda expected John Mayer to get some credit but I didn't expect them to hail him as though he is the white Jimi Hendrix.

As usual, the summary fails to compile the essence. Such is the fate of music.
Quote by soundgarden1986
idk what that whole thing about solos being pushed out of music in the 90s was about. hell, the big four grunge bands that got big then had tons of solos.

Not only that, but Alive has one of the greatest solos of all time. Total fact.
Wheres Kiss? Where's heavy metal and progressive metal?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

That video sucks. It skipped over any actual guitar solos. All those songs sucked and you all should feel bad.