hey i didn't know where else to put this. Im a 19 year old currently going to valdosta state. Ive always wanted to be in a band and play shows but i haven't noticed much of a music scene besides a few local bars. Ive heard savannah has a really good music scene and was wondering if anyone had any personal insight on that cause ive been thinking about transferring.
Are you loking for places to play or people to play with?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
well both really lol i want to have a place to play live shows and definitely people to play with
Hey I played in Savannah last weekend
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
Hey I played in Savannah last weekend

aye cool so what would you say about the scene there
move to atlanta, there is a SCAD campus there. The midtown/decatur area is hopping with musicians.
TS, you actually live there. Have you tried checking craiglist? Music stores? You own university has a music course....
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Charleston is a good music city as well as Augusta (though smaller), and you're close enough to Atlanta. Just because there's not much of a scene in savannah doesn't mean you can't start from there. I'm up in Columbia SC, and though we don't have that great of a music scene as far as rock styles go. We have a few places to play, and then there's a bunch of hot spots within 2 hours that we can hit. IE Charlotte, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Asheville, Augusta, Savannah, Jacksonville is only a couple hours away, and Nashville and memphis are 4-5hrs away.

Hone your craft, get as tight as possible with some people. Savannah area is huge, there's people you can play with. Then start working your way out on the weekends. A lot of places don't want you playing the same city multiple weeks in a row anyway, it's good to have such a diverse area that you can get to with relatively short drives.
thanks for the advice guys theres places to drive to around here to i should be good