~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I thought by kids it would be like 6 year olds

this isn't special at all
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
gay

I thought this was gonna be about kids burying a wrench or something. I feel dumb now.
little girl is haley joel osment can't unsee
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
They're too old for this to be impressive.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Meh at best. Tool is visceral, emotional and psychological. There's no emotion here. At least it sounds better than the atrocious Revolution is My Name cover.
Privileged kids, boring song.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by lolmnt
They're too old for this to be impressive.

This.

Although the singer was pretty decent.

Everything else Not to sound like a Tool bumboy, but there's something about them that you can't really recreate imo
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by theguitarist
I have never liked Tool.

You should've just closed the thread here
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
The only thing impressive about this is the production and I doubt that these kids had anything to do with it.

That song is stupid easy to play I'm sure anyone who has owned an instrument for even a couple months could play it.

That little girl was ok at singing.

Yeah, like everyone else said--this would maybe be cool if these kids were like 1st graders. If TS was actually impressed by this he must be a pretty pathetic musician. Or isn't a musician and is over-estimating how difficult it is to play music.
Listen. I'm sorry.
For real tho that little dude on the wood blocks or whatever they were, he was pretty good
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It's okay but heavily produced.

Especially the drums, They are probably playbacking to the recorded track for video, but the drums don't match up the sound.

He hits the ride ****ing hard and it sound soft, and with snare same.

Compression on main vocals same thing, how much energy she shows or doesn,t does not match up to the sound.

would like to see a real life performance.

Dynamically all the life is sucked out. Which is something of a staple for tool.

6.5/10

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 24, 2013,
I liked the instrumental parts, but I never liked to hear kids sing, and I don't really understand why others too.
She would be more for covering Sylvan with the her voice/singing style.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by vilk
The only thing impressive about this is the production and I doubt that these kids had anything to do with it.

That song is stupid easy to play I'm sure anyone who has owned an instrument for even a couple months could play it.

That little girl was ok at singing.

Yeah, like everyone else said--this would maybe be cool if these kids were like 1st graders. If TS was actually impressed by this he must be a pretty pathetic musician. Or isn't a musician and is over-estimating how difficult it is to play music.

the song explorers different irregular time signatures, such as 7/8, which may not sound hard to play to the ear, but require skill to play in sync as a band and is not something that would typically be taught to music students at this age.

My band's producer - who's worked with big bands such as incubus and korn and is a very experienced musician - has a cover band with our very talented musicians and he was telling us how in one practice they had learnt 30 songs, and in other practice had to dedicate the entire day to learning 46 & 2 because the time signature changes and drum solo were so demanding. That's what came to my mind when I watched this video.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
the song explorers different irregular time signatures, such as 7/8, which may not sound hard to play to the ear, but require skill to play in sync as a band and is not something that would typically be taught to music students at this age.

My band's producer - who's worked with big bands such as incubus and korn and is a very experienced musician - has a cover band with our very talented musicians and he was telling us how in one practice they had learnt 30 songs, and in other practice had to dedicate the entire day to learning 46 & 2 because the time signature changes and drum solo were so demanding. That's what came to my mind when I watched this video.

Then those 30 songs were pathetically easy.
46&2 is a pretty easy song. I find people overestimate the difficulty of unusual signatures.
I like the singer. They should fire Maynard and take her instead, then maybe we'd get some albums out instead of just reading articles about them arguing whether or not they started writing new material.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by jebbe9696
Then those 30 songs were pathetically easy.
46&2 is a pretty easy song. I find people overestimate the difficulty of unusual signatures.

backed.

Playing in 7/8 isn't that hard. Maybe just the drummer of that guy's band sucked. Or you're just lying. Or he was lying to you.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
If TS was actually impressed by this he must be a pretty pathetic musician. Or isn't a musician and is over-estimating how difficult it is to play music.

You're such a dick
^^ agreed 7/8 is cool I use it a lot, but it's one of the most basic to play.

Moderately hard to improvise over yes, but if you have a part it's pretty easy.

13/16 synced perfectly between a drummer, bass, guitar and synth alla Dream Theater and LIVE, now that's hard.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
It was alright. As others have said the most difficult thing about this would be playing odd signatures together. And the vocalist of Tool plays an important part really.

Quote by vilk
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 24, 2013,
Quote by vilk
backed.

Playing in 7/8 isn't that hard. Maybe just the drummer of that guy's band sucked. Or you're just lying. Or he was lying to you.

What people don't understand is the difference playing a song by yourself or along with the prerecordedsong and playing it with a band. In the original song ther e is a drum solo that's nearly a minute long in 7/8 while the other instruments continue to play without anything keeping a consistent rhythm or meter. To keep going in that rhythmic fashion without any accents to keep you on track with each other is extremely difficult.

The fact that you and a few others are saying 7/8 is an easy time signature as an absolute just proves your shitty musicians. A time signature is not inherently easy or difficult, its the notes and rhythms lol. Even saying 4/4 is an easy time signature would be false because there's a great deal of music written in it that would be impossible for you or I to play
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I sincerely hoped this would be a vid of kids putting a blanket over a hamer.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by willT08
You're such a dick

Eh some people get a hard on from posts like that. Until he can step out of being a bedroom guitarist and put some worth while together his opinion is invalid.
Quote by Wiegenlied
What people don't understand is the difference playing a song by yourself or along with the prerecordedsong and playing it with a band. In the original song ther e is a drum solo that's nearly a minute long in 7/8 while the other instruments continue to play without anything keeping a consistent rhythm or meter. To keep going in that rhythmic fashion without any accents to keep you on track with each other is extremely difficult.

The fact that you and a few others are saying 7/8 is an easy time signature as an absolute just proves your shitty musicians. A time signature is not inherently easy or difficult, its the notes and rhythms lol. Even saying 4/4 is an easy time signature would be false because there's a great deal of music written in it that would be impossible for you or I to play

I feel like your sig is somewhat relevant haha...
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
The boss of what? LoserCorp?

Quote by xHellbound
There are a lot of jealous people in this thread.. Lmao.

Please elaborate.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Wiegenlied

First of all you can't use our posts to asses our ability as musicians, this shows you are a shitty analyst.

Also you say you can't say it's inherently easy or not, yet your original post said it WAS inherently difficult

Your defensive stance further implies this notion.

Also keeping beat without having true accents...

You must have had a not all competent guitar teacher.

I've been teaching guitar to people for past few years, and I have very effective ways of not letting people be drawn off by other stuff.

A lot of that stuff is also not actually guitar related in nature, but psychological in nature and the way you listen to your playing, which would explain why it's hard for some people. I'm however not gonna discuss this any deeper.

I gave a short review of 6.5/10 and I addressed mainly the production giving benefit of the doubt to the performers, and ended with wondering how a true live version would sound.

We good again? or more personal attacks?

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 24, 2013,
Quote by xHellbound
There are a lot of jealous people in this thread.. Lmao.

Pretty much the only thing going through my mind while reading some of these posts.
Page 1 of 2