So I've been playing the guit for about 5 years but always been interested in bass. I don't really know about bass guitars as I do electrics but I found a g&l tribute 2000 for $250 and I feel like its a steal. he did a custom paint job but I don't mind, 'et me know what u guys think cause I wanna pick it up.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/msg/4087154141.html

what genres would this be good for? I want something for slap and rock. metal would be nice too
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
That's a good deal if you don't mind the paint job. You won't make any money off reselling it since paint jobs like that absolutely tank the resale value, but as a players bass I think you'd be really hard pressed to find a better deal. Those Tributes are fantastic instruments, and that ones even one of the older Korean-built ones.

If I had any money at all and lived in LA I'd be all over that.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
The L-200o is good for ANYthing. It's a literal swiss-army-bass. It can go from warm vintage passive thump, to scooped modern active zing. It has a ton of options.

$250 is an absolute steal. I have NEVER seen one go that low.

Check out good-ol' Ed Friedland's review of the Tribute L-2k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Great deal, Get It!

Just make sure to check every aspect of the bass to check for flaws on the neck and fretboard. Make sure everything works as well.
Man I want this thing but its 2 hours north of where im att
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by anarkee
You're a Californian from Los Angeles. Two hours is an average commute !

This +1000
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!