So, I got this new amp, and on the clean channel it has volume, bass, and treble. Pretty standard stuff. But on the second channel, it has gain, bass, "contour", treble, volume, and reverb. So what is "contour", is it just mids? Also, what should I set my amp to so that I can get a smooth jazz kind of sound? (I'm joining the school jazz band in 2 weeks.)
Contour knob is the mids, yeah. But I'm not sure if it works like mid scoop knob or mid boost knob, it depends on the amp (sometimes it's there for cutting the mids, ie if you turn it up, you get less mids). You'll find it out if you just turn the knobs.

For smooth jazz tone you want to use clean sound I guess. Use your neck pickup and maybe turn down your guitar's tone knob a bit. Just experiment with settings. Start with EQ at 12 o'clock and tweak. You know how EQ works.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?