Page 1 of 2
There's a hype about this guy now and I don't get it, his "gimmick" is to contrast him against One Direction in that he's an artist and he writes his own songs even though
most of his songs are written for him. Seriously though, his singing is terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjZbFpBpbE

What does the pit think, this is rubbish isn't it ?
Watched him play Glastonbury on tv. Miserable little kid.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
THANK YOU.

I've got a mate that thinks he's the new Bob Dylan.

Christ on a bike.

Yeah I was talking to a girl that said the same thing, I asked her to name a Bob Dylan song, and she couldn't, but I seen him on tv a while ago going on about how he's a real artist unlike One Direction and stuff and I thought it's cool that he writes his own stuff, I looked up his album and some guy that works with Snow Patrol writes most of his stuff.
Wow, that guy looks like me, with longer hair and a wider nose. It's actually very scary how similar we look.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
he ain't bad and kudos to for him writing his own songs at that age.

haven't heard an entire album but i have nothing that bad to say about him.
need to hear more but i'd never say he's one of the pop-idols that are really taking the spotlight from brilliant bands today, there are far worse examples in both the radio-pop folder and the modern rock/punk that do nothing but rehashing older better and more original bands yet get hyped.

my only connection with him is the song Thunderbolt or whatever it's called which is played in a commercial for Premier League here on swedish telly.

He's not that hyped here as far as I know.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 24, 2013,
The hype around him annoys me since a fair few of my friends say "You're supposed to like him he's from Nottingham." No, I don't enjoy the music I have heard from him.
My name is Jack.
When people find a band or someone they like they grow an attachment to them where they will try and defend them from any little criticism. We're all guilty at some point or another.

Let the industry do their thing. It's like recently The Clash have been promoting another compilation album, its like their 3rd or 4th one yet. Love the band but I mean really? Not losing any sleep over it though.

Personally I am not a fan of Jake Bugg, but i'm surprised it took so long for a similar styled artist to appear. Reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys in some aspects. As for Bob Dylan, nah.
It doesn't really reel me in. When i first heard his music, i thought it sounded like a watered down version of Arctic Monkeys, and while i like them, this didn't change my opinion of him. So yeah, bit overhyped, but people will like what they want.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Nero Galon
When people find a band or someone they like they grow an attachment to them where they will try and defend them from any little criticism. We're all guilty at some point or another.

Let the industry do their thing. It's like recently The Clash have been promoting another compilation album, its like their 3rd or 4th one yet. Love the band but I mean really? Not losing any sleep over it though.

Personally I am not a fan of Jake Bugg, but i'm surprised it took so long for a similar styled artist to appear. Reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys in some aspects. As for Bob Dylan, nah.

Do you really think Mick, Topper and Paul pushed for that compilation? Wouldn't that more be the record label? Can't believe those guys would give a shit really?

edit

as for Jake Bugg again. he's certainly nothing new, special or fresh. he sounds like 18 artists has sounded before him and those are 1: much better 2: not that good.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Personally I'm not a fan of his music, but he's not a bad guitarist and its generally nice to here more varied styles on the radio.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Do you really think Mick, Topper and Paul pushed for that compilation? Wouldn't that more be the record label? Can't believe those guys would give a shit really?

Yeah i'm sorry if it seemed like I was assuming it was the band members idea, I would like to think it was the record label. Mick and Paul actually did an AMA on Reddit the other day in light of their new release.
Brother saw him live he threatened not to play if the mosh pits continued when he was playing

You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Brother saw him live he threatened not to play if the mosh pits continued when he was playing

How does one mosh at a Jake Bugg concert?
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
How do people mosh at the vaccines

People will always find a way
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
He's a Bob Dylan clone, supposedly in an age where "no one writes their own music"/everything new is bad etc. etc. He's got a few catchy, but not very weighty songs. Therefore, he's the big new thing!

Yeah, I dunno. Doesn't do much for me, not terribly impressed. He seems skilled as a performer for being so young, but he's got too much of a gimmick and the music is just ok.
He's got proper shit vibrato.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Sep 24, 2013,
Quote by seanlang01
He's a Bob Dylan clone, supposedly in an age where "no one writes their own music"/everything new is bad etc. etc. He's got a few catchy, but not very weighty songs. Therefore, he's the big new thing!

Yeah, I dunno. Doesn't do much for me, not terribly impressed. He seems skilled as a performer for being so young, but he's got too much of a gimmick and the music is just ok.

Yet Bob Dylan wrote almost all or played a role in all of his writing and his music was some of the weightiest to ever exist? Bob Dylan clone indeed.
Quote by Nero Galon
Yet Bob Dylan wrote almost all or played a role in all of his writing and his music was some of the weightiest to ever exist? Bob Dylan clone indeed.
That's what I mean. Maybe clone isn't the right word. A poor plastic mold of? He's just got that one song with a very specific type of mixing and sound that seems to be a pretty brazen attempt at eliciting some nostalgic feeling. People like it cus it sort of sounds like something good. And that's the gimmick he's going with, or at least it seems to me.
Maybe it's because I live a sheltered life in Americaland, but I've never even heard of him.
He's young and good looking, as such, fifteen-year-olds love him. That is all there is to him.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I don't see what the hype is about really
He's not exactly amazing at anything and his voice is awful
I have nothing important to say
Look if you don't like his music thats cool. Everyone has different tastes, but what is with the bashing? He is just a kid playing his guitar and singing his songs. If you do some research you would find he does right some of his songs by himself and so what if he works with other musicians to write songs? It's better than a lot of famous musicians who have no part of the writing process at all isn't it? Also, last thing... all these people are giving him shit for the way his voice sounds but also saying that he can't even compare to Dylan at the same time. I don't know what dream world you guys are living in but Bob Dylan did no have a good voice he was just a great song writer. I can think of plenty of other examples of guys who are great musicians but don't have great voices (Neil Young, Clapton, Hendrix). Regardless of anything I just said though it really comes down to if you like then listen to it if you don't then don't. You don't have talk shit on the dude just because you don't like his music.
I was going to say, "I think I remember a thread like this last year."

And it was this thread.
Your username is "IxDxHO" and you just made an account. Mods please just ban him now. He's probably just another multi of that other kid whos been making rage threads.
There's hype around this dude?

I heard this song a week or two ago and thought it was decent. No more, no less.

Quote by chookiecookie
What's with all the ****ing necrobumps in every forum lately

Holy shitballs. I didn't realize how old this thread was.

Now I'm ashamed for bumping it.
Last edited by archangels at Jan 30, 2014,
I like a few of his songs. Lightning Bolt is pretty good and his cover of I've seen it all was good too.
Saw him life on lowlands and he just stood there like a statue playing guitar. his brother is the bass player who looks like a maniac who's ready to bash your head in with his bass.. it was a boring show at best.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Kill0Switch
The hype around him annoys me since a fair few of my friends say "You're supposed to like him he's from Nottingham." No, I don't enjoy the music I have heard from him.

He's from Nottingham? Then why does he talk like that? I'm from Nottingham and I've never heard anybody with an accent that shitty.

On the other hand, according to your friends logic, you should like me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Page 1 of 2