Im just looking into some tube guitar heads around my price range of $700. I'm looking for just some BRUTAL metal tone sounds from bands like Parkway drive, Trivium, As I lay Dying, and Killswitch Engage, plus a nice and warm clean side. These are my 2 main priorities, versatility would come next, and then any extras that make the amp stand out from the rest .

I've been looking into the bugera 333xl Infinium, the Jca50h , B-52 AtX100, Peavey Valveking 100, and the marshall MA100H.

Everyone is gonna rant about the Bugera i know , but i mean it has everything you could possibly want , all tube , 120 watts, 3 channels, Tube checking technology (INFINIUM), XL Boost, Fx like boost, all have their own eqs. Noise gate controls. This amp has features that no other amps have and for the price especially , it just seems phenomenal. The Jca ive heard good things about for heaviness. It seems like a cheap Peavey 6505 in a nice blue color. B-52 i dont know much seems like a cheaper amplifier that looks nice reminds me of EVH. Peavey Valveking heard it could do some metal but not in your face Brutality. The Marshall is more pricy but its a marshall so thats to be expected , it looks nice , but im not sure if its worth its price.

Any Information and other ideas , giving the reasons ... etc would be appreciated thanks.
get a used 5150/6505, If you want a marshall, a used JCM900 SL-X would work great but these don't have a good clean channel ( the slx is a single channel amp)

The EVH 5150 III mini might be worth a look, good clean and it gets pretty brutal

out of your list, the Jet City

look here good used prices and a 30 day return policy if something goes wrong www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Used 6505
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
5150 III mini. Nothing else even close.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
If you're willing to go used, 5150 III mini like the riffhog up above stated. You won't even remember how to spell Bugera after playing through one.
Quote by littleknarfy
Im just looking into some tube guitar heads around my price range of $700. I'm looking for just some BRUTAL metal tone sounds from bands like Parkway drive, Trivium, As I lay Dying, and Killswitch Engage, plus a nice and warm clean side. These are my 2 main priorities, versatility would come next, and then any extras that make the amp stand out from the rest .

I've been looking into the bugera 333xl Infinium, the Jca50h , B-52 AtX100, Peavey Valveking 100, and the marshall MA100H.

Everyone is gonna rant about the Bugera i know , but i mean it has everything you could possibly want , all tube , 120 watts, 3 channels, Tube checking technology (INFINIUM), XL Boost, Fx like boost, all have their own eqs. Noise gate controls. This amp has features that no other amps have and for the price especially , it just seems phenomenal. The Jca ive heard good things about for heaviness. It seems like a cheap Peavey 6505 in a nice blue color. B-52 i dont know much seems like a cheaper amplifier that looks nice reminds me of EVH. Peavey Valveking heard it could do some metal but not in your face Brutality. The Marshall is more pricy but its a marshall so thats to be expected , it looks nice , but im not sure if its worth its price.

Any Information and other ideas , giving the reasons ... etc would be appreciated thanks.

IMO the most important feature of an amp is reliability. which is as far as i know not fixed. they have claimed it and fallen short a few times in my book. look in 311's blog on his profile if he has it. its an ongoing list of bugera problems if he still has it up.

pick up a used JSX, they are very similar and the real thing. i have seen sub $600 used all the time, combos can be had at a reasonable price too. also look XXX and ultra + both are similar. ultras can be had for ~$300 on some occasions.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I suggest a XXX. 3 channels, whole lotta gain on the lead channel. Not as expensive (about $400-$500) since it's a bit older.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I will give more thumbs up to the EVH mini... I have the full size 5153 and its a ruthless beast without a boost. and the cleans are amazing.. not incredible.. but amazing.

of your list...... nothing.

my 2 cents... Egnater vengeance.. cheap used. you get full 120w with a 60w switch.
incredible versatility.. nice compressed super tight metal gain. then move a knob and flip a switch you have metallica tones...
and the cleans are a step up from the evh
I'm going to +1 the 5153

I'm also going to plus up the XXX, JSX, 6505, and the Stiff amps.

If you are OK with a modeling amp check out the Vypyr 60/120.

The Marshall MA is crap.

The Bugera's are crappier. I don't have a blog but that's a good idea

I have not played any of the bigger Jet Cities to form an opinion on those.

Oh yeah, and the Vengeance is a killer amp imo.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm going to +1 the 5153

I'm also going to plus up the XXX, JSX, 6505, and the Stiff amps.

If you are OK with a modeling amp check out the Vypyr 60/120.

The Marshall MA is crap.

The Bugera's are crappier. I don't have a blog but that's a good idea

I have not played any of the bigger Jet Cities to form an opinion on those.

Oh yeah, and the Vengeance is a killer amp imo.

i thought you were keeping tabs on bugera failures or something?

+1 on everything 311 said. i can't vouch for stiff, as i haven't played one so i wont comment on that.

i had a JCA50h and i really disliked it. i tried it through at least four or five cabinets with a dozen guitars or so, couldn't find anything i liked. however, it seems as if a lot of people.

i have played multiple soldano and and been happy, but the 50h really didn't move me at all. i really am not a cork sniffer either.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Forget the Bugera, they're loaded with features, sure, but they skimped on the most important factor: quality. Look into these amps:

Peavey 5150ii/6505+ (same thing as the 5150/6505, just with independent EQ controls). Pass on the combo 6505+, look for the head instead
Peavey JSX, one of the best clean channels you'll find on a high gainer.
Carvin V3
EVH 5150 III
Marshall DSL (they can do metal with a boost) or JCM800 SL-X (the SL-X part is very important)
Jet City JCA100H
Egnater Vengeance

If you can stretch your budget another $300 there are a ton of options available.
Peters Chimera or Hydra
ESG Hybris
Soldano Hot Rod Plus
etc
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
you may want to try a ironheart 60w head just for grins as well.

Quote by Flux'D
If you can stretch your budget another $300 there are a ton of options available.
Peters Chimera or Hydra

i can stretch my budget, where's this peters for $1000?

PM only, don't be postin' that shiz up in here.
It seems their price has shot up recently, I know I was looking at buying a Chimera for a grand whenever I sold the Quick Rod
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by littleknarfy

The EVH 5150 III 212 50watt combo has scalable power control. So you can go from 1watt to 50watts and anywhere in-between so you can cook those tubes for that high gain at low levels. You could always use it with your extension cab also. Just something to think about as the EVH heads don't have this feature.

Also what type of cabinet are you using?
Honestly, look at the Peavey Vypyr Tube 120.

I've been traveling down this road a while now, and you may end up disappointed and surprised at how different tube amps sound in person compared to how a recording engineer can make them sound.

I've owned a ValveKing, 5150 212, JSX, and a 6505 now... I also own a Vypyr Tube 120H. The Vypyr, and really just modeling technology in general, gets that tone way, way easier, in live applications. Tonewise, you can get away with A LOT, almost ANYTHING in the studio. For a live sound, it's a lot harder to make your gear work for you. Modeling just hands you the tones you want on a silver platter, you don't have to fight for them.

That said, do look at the 5150 III 50W, as has been mentioned... just keep in mind what I've said.

Good luck
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Blackfire.
The EVH 5150 III 212 50watt combo has scalable power control. So you can go from 1watt to 50watts and anywhere in-between so you can cook those tubes for that high gain at low levels. You could always use it with your extension cab also. Just something to think about as the EVH heads don't have this feature.

Also what type of cabinet are you using?

You really don't know how to give anyone helpful advise on here do you

A $700 budget will not get the 5153 combo at all, it will just be enough to get a used 5153 mini head.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As somebody said above, there are Egnater Vengeance amps available for around your price- but I gotta say.. I own one and the cleans are really nice, but there really isn't enough gain on the lead channel standalone (even with the gain swith on + and the gain cranked). At low to med volumes, you NEED a boost (TS or clean boost) in front. With the boost, it has tons of gain and sounds great. Once you have the master cranked (~2:30 o'clock) and the preamp vol (~730-9oclock) the gain really kicks in and the tubescreamer isnt really necessary anymore in my opinion. It sounds awesome really loud. At low to medium volumes, my engl powerball destroys my egnater unfortunately.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Sep 26, 2013,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i thought you were keeping tabs on bugera failures or something?

+1 on everything 311 said. i can't vouch for stiff, as i haven't played one so i wont comment on that.

i had a JCA50h and i really disliked it. i tried it through at least four or five cabinets with a dozen guitars or so, couldn't find anything i liked. however, it seems as if a lot of people.

i have played multiple soldano and and been happy, but the 50h really didn't move me at all. i really am not a cork sniffer either.

Oh, I'm keeping tabs I just don't have it in a Blog.

The 2 Jet Cities I played did not blow me over but they certainly get a lot of love so I'm not going to dismiss them - especially considering I played the 20 wattr's.

I thought the Vengeance I played had plenty of gain but I don't own one so I don't have any long term experience outside for the 20 minutes or so that I played it. I also have not played a Stiff amp.
Quote by Flux'D
It seems their price has shot up recently, I know I was looking at buying a Chimera for a grand whenever I sold the Quick Rod

you see another one south of $1300 you let me know real fast like.

TS - this is not the post you were looking for. find a used 5153 50 watt or IRT60 to try. i like the jsx as well if you decide to go cheap.
Quote by Robbgnarly
You really don't know how to give anyone helpful advise on here do you

A $700 budget will not get the 5153 combo at all, it will just be enough to get a used 5153 mini head.

Quote by littleknarfy
Any Information and other ideas

He asked for any other ideas also. I brought it up because if he wanted a feature like the scalable power + 5150 III tone he would at least know about it, and make an informed choice if he wanted to save up for it or not.

People are on here all the time giving advise to save up to get the better guitar. Why not amps? I think that qualifies as an idea.

The scalable power could be important to some. People brought up the 5150 III but they weren't comprehensive.
Last edited by Blackfire. at Sep 26, 2013,
Quote by Blackfire.
He asked for any other ideas also. I brought it up because if he wanted a feature like the scalable power + 5150 III tone he would at least know about it, and make an informed choice if he wanted to save up for it or not.

People are on here all the time giving advise to save up to get the better guitar. Why not amps? I think that qualifies as an idea.

The scalable power could be important to some. People brought up the 5150 III but they weren't comprehensive.

I understand he wanted some other ideas, but the combo is 2x his budget. If it was $200 over I could see recommending it, but it is $1400. Most people can stretch a little, but not doubling a $700 budget
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I understand he wanted some other ideas, but the combo is 2x his budget. If it was $200 over I could see recommending it, but it is $1400. Most people can stretch a little, but not doubling a $700 budget

I thought you promoted used gear?
Quote by Blackfire.
I thought you promoted used gear?

Touche, It will be hard to find a used one since they are so new, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. And finding one that works under a grand most likely will not happen
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Touche, It will be hard to find a used one since they are so new, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. And finding one that works under a grand most likely will not happen

That was the main reason I was looking at getting the 5150 III combo because of the versatility of the power scaling.

They have one at GC for $1100 right now used and I've seen them go for cheaper on ebay in the past.