So I have been stuck between a rock and a hard place for the last couple months. In the middle of the summer I swapped out the factory 57 Classics in my Les Paul Traditional for a set of Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers. Ever since I did that I have been looking at the 57's sitting in the old Seymour Duncan thinking I should chuck them into my Explorer seeing as the are sitting there doing nothing. From what I have read all over the net on forums it seems like the 57 is considered one of, if not the best Gibson pickup with the Burstbucker being the other contender. The Explorer comes with the 496R and 500T pickups which are both fairly high output ceramic pickups, which don't get me wrong sound great. Something makes me think swapping over to the vintage pickup would suit it better. I know I prefer vintage output pickups in comparison; however I have owned the Explorer for a long time and have only ever known its tone to be that high output modern rock feel. Anyone here done this swap or maybe played an Explorer that had 57's in it?
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^actually, I would recommend he looked at the pickup buying thread.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
^actually, I would recommend he looked at the pickup buying thread.

I don't need to purchase pickups, I already own them. Just customizing a current guitar I own.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5