This has been killing me for weeks

G D/F# F# Bm Bm/A G D/F# F# ____

The key is G, excepting the F# which technically doesn't belong but sounds awesome
All I can figure is that the F# chord is a secondary dominant to the Bm, so maybe modulate to Bm by way of direct modulation then bring it back to G major with an Am pivot chord following with a root position D followed by G?

(first stuff over here) - F# - Bm - G - Am - D - G

That's what I would do. But I'm also a wee bit inexperienced, so I wouldn't take anything I say to heart.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I'm pretty sure that's not in the key of G, but is B minor. The F# fits a lot better this way since it's pretty common to change the dominant chord to a major or dominant 7 chord in minor keys. This is also why I'm pretty sure the key is in fact B minor. That pull from F# to Bm is very strong and sounds nicely resolved on the Bm. The Bm/A then seems to signal a "But wait, there's more" kinda feel, so that you can do it again.

The beginning is VI bIII V i, and the second half really just looks like the same thing except you weren't sure what to end with. You could easily just play Bm again, or if you want to really change the chord progression and go in a new direction then I think that might be an excellent place to modulate to a different key.
It's just a chord progression - you need something else than just chords. I mean, write a rhythm or picking pattern or something and add instruments and a melody. Or are you even writing a song? But my point is, the same chord progression can be made sound really different. It's not all about chords.

And it's not in G major, it's definitely in B minor.

But if you want to continue it, just listen to the sounds in your head. I would just play the Bm chord again (then you get a V-i which is a good way to end a progression). I agree with everything The4thHorsemen said.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Sep 25, 2013,
Quote by Jaciegurl
This has been killing me for weeks

G D/F# F# Bm Bm/A G D/F# F# ____

The key is G, excepting the F# which technically doesn't belong but sounds awesome

F#/A# - Bm