Page 1 of 2
So guys, my wisdom tooth is coming in and it hurt like hell once it came through. But it doesnt hurt now. The only problem is, is that Im wondering if its impacted. My lymph node under my jaw (the side the tooth is on) is swollen and hurts like shit. My tooth itself doesnt hurt, but the area around the lymph node is very tender and its very very close to the area of the tooth. Anyone else have this problem with theirs?
Got mine removed in late march. Sucked ass. Worst week of my life follwing the surgery. The short term high post surgery was good, but after the numbness went away (a day and half) the blood and pain started kicking in. Did hydrocodone (took like 4 after recovering to get high.. worth it, but fuks up your liver if you do it too much, so I only did it once)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

The swelling will go down but the tooth could be moving again at any time. Could be a week from now, could be months. The best option would probably be to pull it if you don't want to be surprised by the pain again.
You should just wait it out while it becomes more infected and then you can have half your jaw cut away.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Why don't you, ya know, go to a dentist?

cause they're so cheap, right?

oh wait you're Canadian. **** you
pinga
Just get them removed. It's the easiest procedure I have ever had in my life. I would do it again just for the wonderful nap I got out of it.

I didn't even need pain pills. Only bad part is having to eat mashed potatoes for a week.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I wish I had wisdom teeth. They would've fixed the gaps I had from the 5 years I went without brushing.
¯\_()_/¯
you're not gonna know if it's impacted unless you go to a dentist. so go and get those things out because they are entirely useless and I want you to experience the same pain I endured for a month.
cat
My wisdom teeth, for some reason, came in sideways so they aren't visible to the eye... basically they are hidden are under my gum. I had to get the damn things removed which involved cutting away at my gum to reveal the teeth, and then cutting slightly into my jaw bone to fully remove them. I was completely awake for the entire thing too. I could taste the blood and feel immense pressure in my jaw. I was only under Novocaine. Shit sucked, TS.
Also I got no cool pain meds afterwards
I've had the dentist tell me for years that I needed to get my wisdom teeth out. No problems though, maybe some minor pain, but just man up and you'll be fine.
I lost dental coverage for a while. I've needed to get my wisdom teeth out for over a year. This thread has reminded to make an appointment with an oral surgeon.
I got all 4 out at once. The day of surgery I felt totally fine. No painkillers used, so I figured I just took to the surgery well. So I went to a party that night.

I smoked weed and drank beer.

So the next day it literally looked like I was sucking on a golf ball. Very not good, very painful. They gave me 600MG Tylenol to take. Dentist said he doesn't like prescribing painkillers, but if I really want to I can take them. I decided against it. I was just miserable as **** for the next week. It hurt and I could only eat scrambled eggs and jello n stuff like that.

All 4 wisdom teeth were totally in, by the way. Through the gums and all.

I have a picture on fbook of my golf ball face, but fbook seems to be down or something right now.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
I got all 4 out at once. The day of surgery I felt totally fine. No painkillers used, so I figured I just took to the surgery well. So I went to a party that night.

I smoked weed and drank beer.

So the next day it literally looked like I was sucking on a golf ball. Very not good, very painful. They gave me 600MG Tylenol to take. Dentist said he doesn't like prescribing painkillers, but if I really want to I can take them. I decided against it. I was just miserable as **** for the next week. It hurt and I could only eat scrambled eggs and jello n stuff like that.

All 4 wisdom teeth were totally in, by the way. Through the gums and all.

I have a picture on fbook of my golf ball face, but fbook seems to be down or something right now.

Holy shit why would you even smoke anything after getting mouth surgery?
I'm a party animal. Ain't no surgery gon' get me down.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Just have them cut out, for real.

It takes like 45 minutes at the most. I know it's all completely up to the person, but I felt fine the next day (actually ate a burger because soft foods wasn't working.).

You'll be uncomfortable for a bit but just get it over with. I got mine cut out earlier this year. I had jaw room for them to all come in but I figured hey why risk it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by naedauuf
I'm a party animal. Ain't no surgery gon' get me down.

The suction from smoking causes dry socket. If you didn't get dry socket, you got very lucky. Smoking is literally the worst thing you can do after oral surgery like that.

Dry socket is a ****ing bitch. It hurts worse than any stage of the surgery itself, it takes even longer to heal, and there is no blood clot to protect the socket anymore, so it gets infected easier.

Stepco's Master
Mine was really bad. I never even noticed the teeth, didnt hurt, didnt bother me, no problem, I have to get them out? ugh i guess... dont make it hurt... The broke my teeth and ****ed up my gums and i bled for weeks. agonzing pain, couldnt drink water, couldnt swallow spit, it was one of the worst experiences i have ever had. good luck
Quote by yellowfrizbee
The suction from smoking causes dry socket. If you didn't get dry socket, you got very lucky. Smoking is literally the worst thing you can do after oral surgery like that.

Dry socket is a ****ing bitch. It hurts worse than any stage of the surgery itself, it takes even longer to heal, and there is no blood clot to protect the socket anymore, so it gets infected easier.

I didn't learn this until after the party, while researching why it was swollen. I don't think I got dry socket. I knew about the suction thing, dentist told me that, but not about smoking. Although it's not like he'd know. I told him I didn't smoke cigarettes, nothing about weed. I was young and obviously not very smart.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I didn't learn this until after the party, while researching why it was swollen. I don't think I got dry socket. I knew about the suction thing, dentist told me that, but not about smoking. Although it's not like he'd know. I told him I didn't smoke cigarettes, nothing about weed. I was young and obviously not very smart.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. It was a mistake that anyone could make I was just informing you and giving some background perspective of where TheChaz's surprise may have come from.

That being said, I got mine out July 3rd and was jet skiing and partying the next day for 4th of July ! I, too, recovered quickly like you.

Stepco's Master
I'm getting all 4 of mine out really soon. I'm going to have to be put to sleep for it as they're going to cut into my gums to remove the bottom two piece by piece. I got pericoronitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pericoronitis) a few months ago which spread to my throat etc, I was sicker than I've ever been in my life for a whole month. That's all cleared up now but I still have to get the teeth out in case that happens again. I can't wait to have this all over and done with really, I hope I get cool drugs out of this Already had tramadol for the original throat infection which was pretty cool.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
"Dreaded wisdom teeth"?!?!

What a bunch of hippies. No wonder you're getting them removed.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
prepare yourself for 1-6 years of pain depending on how they come out.

mine came out one after, so I've had mine hurting like once a month for 5-6 years straight >_>
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
my orthodontist is actually counting on my wisdom teeth moving my teeth around slightly. at least that's what i understand. so hopefully there i won't need them removed.
Mine grew in behind my other molars. I just have more teeth now.

#beingthisevolved.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I dreamed of jamming with Wes Montgomery during the surgery, was pretty awesome until I woke up.
This is not a signature
My wisdom teeth came out a couple weeks ago, i don't know exactly when.

I didn't even feel a thing, one of these days i just noticed them. Like, "Hey, these teeth weren't there before. Okay."

Quote by JustRooster
Mine grew in behind my other molars. I just have more teeth now.

#beingthisevolved.

Exactly.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
When I got braces put on my Dentist pulled out extra teeth to leave room for my wisdom teeth. So they came in with no issues.
My wisdom teeth first appeared some years ago and have never been a problem at all
The only time I ever even notice them is when food gets stuck in them.

I pity those who have had trouble.
I have nothing important to say
I can feel the two on the left side of my mouth really clearly, and the two on my right are just breaking through now. I've never had any pain whatsoever. Is there a certain point where they start to hurt, or do they normally hurt as soon as they appear? I haven't been to the dentist in a while
What a bunch of hippies. No wonder you're getting them removed.

Last edited by angelafmy at Dec 10, 2013,
I got mine removed before they were ever a problem. It was really no big deal, I don't know why everyone is pissing their pants over it.
my wisdom teeth were fun. my teeth are naturally pretty straight but the one on the top left just came out crooked as **** while the other three were all partially-impacted. the crooked one would rip open the inside of my cheek when i chewed too fast and the other ones were all swollen and shit.

they gave me novocaine or something when i went to get them all out at once and it was pretty sweet. the only part i hated was when they put a needle in my arm while i was hooked up to a blood pressure machine. that was some extreme last minute anxiety but it was cool after it was done. the next couple of weeks can be pretty painful but it's not bad tbh. had a couple of my stitches burst open on me a day into the healing process which was pretty funny. really the only negative thing to come out of my experience is now my jaw can't open as wide as it used to. i'm okay with that. 8.7/10 would do again

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Dec 10, 2013,
Forgot about this thread. If anyone still wants to see, I found that pic I talked about earlier.

This is why you don't smoke and drink

Quote by MetalGS3SE

Had some problems on the left side of my lower jaw a few months back, dentist said I needed it out. Went to hospital, they said I didn't...... I don't know who to trust anymore the pain was well...painful
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm not sure if I do or not. The last time I went to the dentist(2/3 years ago) they said there wouldn't be enough room for them and said I should get them taken out asap. But the two girls there were flirting with me the whole time they gave me a sheet saying I needed nearly 5k worth or stuff done. Today I have one tooth on the bottom and one of the top that both started to come out a tiny but, then then just stopped. They were a little sore for a day when they first started breaking through but now they are fine but don't look like they are ever going to continue to break through, unless that takes years. Dunno, I've got to go get my teeth cleaned soon so I'll just see if I need them removed when I get an xray.

/I need to start reading OP dates... Stop pointlessly bumping threads.
Last edited by Wormholes at Dec 10, 2013,
Page 1 of 2