Page 1 of 2
Host: Twe3k
Co-host: Rawshik

What is Mafia?

Mafia is an educated guessing game full of deception and treachery.
Two teams are designated by a host - Town(Majority) and Scum(Minority).
A teams win condition is to eliminate the other teams players. All players are required to vote 1 player they want to remove from the game each Day cycle(48 Hours).
At the end of the Day cycle all votes are tallied and the player with the most votes is removed from the game and his team and role are publicly revealed.
Next is Night Cycle(24hours). Each player at the start of the game in addition to being designated a team they will also be designated a role.
There are hundreds of different roles that impact the game in epic ways. Players send any action choices they have available to the host with a Private Message during the night cycle.
At the end of the night all actions are recorded and results posted. Any players that have died will be removed from the game and have their role/team revealed.

Town

Town is what is known as the uninformed majority. Town players are not informed of who their teammates are.
Town consists of 2 different types. Greens and Blues. Green townies have no ability other than to vote on a lynch. Blues however have roles that can assist their team in catching and eliminating scum to compliment their lynch vote.

Scum

Scum are the Informed Minority. They have very few players on their team but they know who each other are so they have the ability to work together and co-ordinate strategys with votes and roles.
Scum teams are given the ability to KILL a set amount of townies each night. They are also required to vote for a lynch each day.

Sign-up List
Signups:
1. Van the man
2. coag the omnipresent
3. wwf the to be announced
4. Burgery
5. En
6. Macashmack
7. kushm4sta
8. gaybuttsex
9. devourke
10. smartalec

The number of player is not locked. More space will be made for additional interested parties.
Type /join in the thread if you want to play.

Please consider if you have the time to play this game before signing up. Being inactive can potentially ruin the game for your team.

So You've Signed Up… Now What?
Follow this link to OMGUS.net, where we play most of our games.
http://www.omgus.net/forum/
You'll need to register using your UG name. The password you need to answer upon signup is "scumslip". Now would be a good time to post, you can chill with the players and it lets us know you're still interested in playing. Also going to the thread on said forum and typing /in would make our lives so much easier.

Common Abbreviations:
EBWOP: Edit By Way Of Post. Because actual editing of posts in mafia games is forbidden in most games, the only way to "edit" a post which contains an error is to make another post containing the correction.
FoS: Finger of Suspicion. Used to indicate that you find someone suspicious.
LYLO: Lynch-Or-Lose. This is a stage in the game where the town must lynch scum or they will lose the game.
OMGUS: Oh My God You Suck. While occasionally used on its own as an insult, it's usually used as an inferred reasoning for purely retaliatory actions. For instance, an OMGUS vote on someone is one made purely on the basis that they are voting for you.
WIFOM: Wine In Front Of Me. WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny.

Don't be afraid to join, newbies are welcomed and loved. <3
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Last edited by Rawshik at Sep 29, 2013,
/join
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
foshizzle, this is gonna be the shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Can I be an unmoderated local police force so I can unfairly bash both sides with a billy club?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
We should seem less cliquey if we want people to join.

Hey guys, we're not a clique. We love you and want you to join please. This game is a lot of fun; you'll probably become addicted like the rest of us.
we all secretly hate each others guts with a fiery rage, joinjoinjoin
Quote by korinaflyingv
You guise are too clingy and desperate, you need to play hard to get.

I don't want anyone to join this game its dumb go away
i've never played mafia before
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

fresh meat
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

If you want to join we would have no problem teaching you. takes about 10 minutes to learn how to play.
Quote by Burgery
fresh meat

oh bby dn't b gentle <3
Quote by Coagulation
If you want to join we would have no problem teaching you. takes about 10 minutes to learn how to play.

Idk from what I can tell it's kind of like old school dungeons and dragons except on the internet

and instead of fantasy stuff you're in the mafia

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
can I be kanye the giant?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
If I had time I'd join. Might be able to be a replacement - depends on when the game starts
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
oh bby dn't b gentle <3

Idk from what I can tell it's kind of like old school dungeons and dragons except on the internet

and instead of fantasy stuff you're in the mafia

it has nothing to do with D&D or roleplaying

Its a strategy game.
Quote by Twe3kify
Yes you can.

brilliant

Quote by Coagulation
it has nothing to do with D&D or roleplaying

Its a strategy game.

I just meant that it's not like an actual game right?
there's a dungeon master/host and all that and we use our imaginations?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

You should totally sign up. It's really not that hard to understand and there's generally some leeway room for beginners. One of these UG recruitment threads is what got me into it and I had never really played before.

Quote by mulefish
If I had time I'd join. Might be able to be a replacement - depends on when the game starts

Noted. If we need one, we'll contact you. <3
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
brilliant

I just meant that it's not like an actual game right?
there's a dungeon master/host and all that and we use our imaginations?

its an actual game
its like survivor. there is no imagination or anything like that. everything that you do or that happens is real.
Quote by Coagulation
its an actual game
its like survivor. there is no imagination or anything like that. everything that you do or that happens is real.

a chance to get rid of some ugers eh?

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Requesting more players.
Nobody picks herp. Nobody.
that's because herp is derp
Quote by korinaflyingv
ololololol
Quote by korinaflyingv
wow dbl post burg do u even forum
Lame. Come on people, we need anyone. Anyone at all. I will metaphorically do anything to get you to join.
Page 1 of 2