I want a distortion pedal, but a "clean" distortion meaning one where I can hear every note crisp and clearly and be able to play rhythm guitar with some crunch but have it sound very clear. I'm not into vintage pedals, I really want the notes to sing beautifully but still have that distorted edge to them. Sometimes I hear guitar players use some distortion and plug it into a leslie speaker(without that vibrato effect), and it gives a really in your face kind of sound I like. Was wondering if there's any gear experts, sound engineers out there who can help me,
don't laugh, but a boss ds1 actually sounds a lot like that. a lot of people don't like them (I'm not sure that's fair, but at the same time I wouldn't be its biggest fan, either), but that clarity/hear every note thing you mentioned is pretty much what I think of when I think of a ds1.

A turbo Rat might be worth a try, too. Or the mooer version if you can find it cheap enough.

do you want it to have a particular distortion tone? Like marshally, say?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What guitar and amp are you using? What is your budget, and what general genres or types of tone are you looking for?
that too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Like an SRV tone but with the disortion brought out more. A little edgier, i like how when he plays rhythm there's some gain to it but you can still hear the notes clearly. I love marshalls, and even more so I like the sound of distortion through a tube amp, I think it gives it a cleaner sound.
Quote by Roc8995
What guitar and amp are you using? What is your budget, and what general genres or types of tone are you looking for?

Budget is around 200, but if I find a pedal that delivers the sound I want, I'll def. consider shelling in some more cash.

I use a twin reverb tube amp, honestly I'm thinking of getting rid of it cos its failed on me a few times in live situations....I think it was defective when I bought it (i got it off craigslist).

For guitars I have two that I like, one is a Fender Jaguar and the other is a Epiphone Les Paul. I love my LP but I think the Jaguar has more the sound I'm looking for.
Fulltone OCD would be my first suggestion. Fulltones seem to be voiced for Fenders, and it's got a very clear light/medium overdrive in a Marshally sort of way.

Oh, or the Zendrive would be great, that's got lots of SRV style grit to it and is a very sweet sounding OD with a fender amp.

If you're thinking of getting a new amp, though, you might be able to just get one with a good OD channel and/or master volume, and might find that you don't need a pedal at all.
He asked for an edgy SRV style OD and you want him to get a crushing drop-tune br00tz pedal?

That's not even close to what he asked for. It's a chugga chugga box. Maybe it's got "tons of tones" but everything I heard in that demo was just super high-gain metal with varying amounts of mids. I certainly didn't hear any edgy SRV type sounds.
Quote by Roc8995
He asked for an edgy SRV style OD and you want him to get a crushing drop-tune br00tz pedal?

That's not even close to what he asked for. It's a chugga chugga box. Maybe it's got "tons of tones" but everything I heard in that demo was just super high-gain metal with varying amounts of mids. I certainly didn't hear any edgy SRV type sounds.

Thats true. and why I said to skip passed the actual song. The pedal can dial back and get veristile.
Though obviously its marketed towrad the brootal stuff.
he only really dials in a bunch of compressed metal sounds. but its very much capable of others.
I watched the whole thing. It doesn't seem at all like the right pedal for this situation. If it really is that versatile, why post that video in the first place? It doesn't demonstrate anything that was asked for, and he does go through quite a lot of the options.
Quote by Roc8995

If you're thinking of getting a new amp, though, you might be able to just get one with a good OD channel and/or master volume, and might find that you don't need a pedal at all.

Yeah. Even if you do decide you want/need (same thing ) a pedal, it'd be wise to wait until you get a new amp, so you can get something that suits it.

Unless it'll take you a while to get round to getting a new amp- in which case you could certainly make a case for getting a pedal now to tide you over.

EDIT: yeah and ignore my original pedal suggestions, I didn't realise you want srv with a little more edge.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?