Okay, so if you're a musician, maybe you have some helpful advice on this.

I am currently looking to move out of the house and find a room in the city to rent. As some of you may know, being a musician can sometimes be hard on the people you live with. You play your music for hours on end, and sometimes it can really drive the people you live with crazy. Also, the neighbors complain too if your walls are thin.

Finding a practice space or rehearsal space for your band is another issue. Practice rooms in the city are really expensive, and what if your bandmates don't have a garage or basement. What do you do then?

Wondering if there's anyone out there with some good advice or strategies on how to play your music in an environment where you can play your heart out and not have to worry.

Peace.
That's good advice. what kind of headphones though? I have a pair of Sony's and they really sound very very bad. The guitar sounds all tinny and flat. And they hurt my ears too if I wear them too long.
Quote by YngwiesDaddy
That's good advice. what kind of headphones though? I have a pair of Sony's and they really sound very very bad. The guitar sounds all tinny and flat. And they hurt my ears too if I wear them too long.

Sennheisers do the job for me.
Headphones are the right method most of the time, but the best option is just to ask when it's okay and not okay to use the amp outside of that. That's what really matters just being open and honest about it, because instruments go down differently with many people. Some people like to hear you practice other would rather instantly kill you.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
Headphones are the right method most of the time, but the best option is just to ask when it's okay and not okay to use the amp outside of that. That's what really matters just being open and honest about it, because instruments go down differently with many people. Some people like to hear you practice other would rather instantly kill you.

this

playing loudly shouldnt be a problem at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon. Just be respectful of your neighbours and you should be fine
Get an Eleven Rack. They are awesome, not too expensive and better than the Pods. Plus you get Pro Tools with it.