Page 1 of 3
What do you think of metalheads who listen to incredibly specific sets of bands and then jock pop music to make them look like they appreciate variety?

There's some dude on my Facebook who's into stuff like Bullet, Trivium, Sylosis etc. which is okay but occasionally he will post a video of say Nikki Minajj or a really bad pop song and be like "hey dude don't hate we all gotta have variety".

I'd be fine with this except he completely wrties off entire genres such as indie and pop punk but still think he has this super awesome variety in taste of music.

Just bugs me. Metalheadsssssssssssss.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
he should start listening to a single good band. that'd be a first.

dont think thats specific for metalheads, thats just idiots talking.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I know a lot of people like. Not necessarily metalheads all of 'em, but that is annoying. The rap fans are the worst. "ICE CUBE IS SHIT BRO LISTEN TO PETE ROCK AND ATMOSPHERE INSTEAD AND SLIPKNOT"
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I know a lot of people like. Not necessarily metalheads all of 'em, but that is annoying. The rap fans are the worst. "ICE CUBE IS SHIT BRO LISTEN TO PETE ROCK AND ATMOSPHERE INSTEAD AND SLIPKNOT"

Anyone who says Ice Cube is shit isn't a rap fan anyway
Then they have a good and a bad taste in music imho. But srs, this isn't all metal heads, just some of them. I like jazz, classical, synth pop/shoegaze, a little bit of rap (post 2005 to early 90's) progrogressive/alt metal and technical deathmetal. I don't listen to anything on the radio, unless it's like led zeppelin or AC/DC.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
(post 2005 to early 90's) .

post 2005 up to early 90's?

how does that work?

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
people with bad tastes having no quality control. nothing new
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Sep 25, 2013,
it's pointless to get touchy about music tastes. your best bet is to show them your stuff politely as a humble suggestion. if he doesn't like it, then you just don't get to talk music with him.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
post 2005 up to early 90's?

how does that work?

Oh, lol

I mean't early 90's to 2005.

pulled a homer.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

The main issue here is the fact that nobody gives a damn.

If I told someone that I can go from technical death metal to 80s synthpop in a single listening session, would they really care? i think not.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by captainsnazz
Prog Metalheads and jazz

fix'd
Swear, every prog metal musician I've ever talked to thinks they're super into Jazz because there's this part of an animals as leaders song that sounds like jazz or smthn.
I listen/play plenty of metal, but still wouldn't consider myself a "metalhead". I don't think something you enjoy should label you, or mean that you can't enjoy other music. If you genuinely think metal is the only "true genre", and won't listen to, or at least appreciate other music because it's "not technical", you're probably an asshole.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
My musical tastes aren't that broad. I listen to a lot of Rock and Metal, got some orchestral stuff, a few Jazz albums, a few Pop albums, and a couple from non-western music.

My taste isn't that broad. I pretty listen to only guitar based Western music.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Metal heads do not listen to pop

death to all but metal

hail satan

pop is false

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

It's funny. When you're a musician it's easy to decipher other people's tastes and their motives in it. I used to get pretty wrapped around the axle about it.

Honestly, it's not worth worrying about. Let people like whatever they will. If you write better music than them, the chikas will like you better anyway. Write kick ass tunes, get laid, and don't worry about metalheads trying to seem well versed on facebook.
I love lamp.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by hriday_hazarika
The ones who namedrop composers like Wagner always amuse me.

"If Wagner was alive, he'd be writing metal! "

So insecure about their likes.

Most metal is based on powerful, complex and intelligent melodies while dealing with mature themes, such as love, hatred, depression, sadness, history, etc. The lyrics, proving profound comprehension of life and great songwriting skills (a metal singer is often a poet) concern everyone and touch people deep in their heart. The music often has complex time signatures, such as 3/4, something unknown to most other genres of popular music. Metal is modern classical music, not only in form but also in the talent of the interprets playing fast ascending and descending scales on their guitars, while keeping it musical and interesting to listen to. All genres of metal have their own complexity. The rapidity of speed metal as well as the deep lyrics of glam metal are two good ways to illustrate this, however I would also like to mention Black and Death metal, two genres known for the high complexity of its music and the intelligence of its interprets as well as the lyrics. Such genres push the thing so far, they actually disguise themselves to further demonstrate and externalize their emotions, most often negative. The schubertian lieder has become a metal ballad, while Beethoven’s fifth has become a song of symphonic death or viking metal. Metal clearly is the most superior music.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Most metal is based on powerful, complex and intelligent melodies while dealing with mature themes, such as love, hatred, depression, sadness, history, etc. The lyrics, proving profound comprehension of life and great songwriting skills (a metal singer is often a poet) concern everyone and touch people deep in their heart. The music often has complex time signatures, such as 3/4, something unknown to most other genres of popular music. Metal is modern classical music, not only in form but also in the talent of the interprets playing fast ascending and descending scales on their guitars, while keeping it musical and interesting to listen to. All genres of metal have their own complexity. The rapidity of speed metal as well as the deep lyrics of glam metal are two good ways to illustrate this, however I would also like to mention Black and Death metal, two genres known for the high complexity of its music and the intelligence of its interprets as well as the lyrics. Such genres push the thing so far, they actually disguise themselves to further demonstrate and externalize their emotions, most often negative. The schubertian lieder has become a metal ballad, while Beethoven’s fifth has become a song of symphonic death or viking metal. Metal clearly is the most superior music.

Well done, Banjocal. No one trolls this well anymore these days.
Got the Rinse App on my phone :')
Which is well needed because my SD card's ****ed and half the shit music on my phone I can't delete.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Sep 25, 2013,
Quote by So-Cal
Hospital innit?

my radio timetable above my screen says Metalheadz were on at 11 I didn't actually listen though. Flowdan was supposed to be on last week and he didn't show up so he was supposed to be there tonight. Gonna put on the podcast when I go to bed.

Anyway, yeah metalheads are shit
Metalheads and Lupe Fiasco
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by EndTheRapture51
metalheads

into stuff like Bullet, Trivium, Sylosis etc.

They're not "metalheads", they're fags
Page 1 of 3