I've posted on here before asking about tubes. I've been really looking into this stuff and it is overwhelming how much information there is about tubes and how it affects tone/gain/etc. Basically with my HRD I only use the clean channel. Period. I don't ever use the gain/more gain channel. I want this sucker to be as clean as possible with as much tube tone as possible. The HRD is very loud too which doesn't help. I feel like for my band I can't really go past 2 or I'm too loud. Maybe I should buy the appropriate tubes to make it have less gain/volume so I can turn it up a little more and be able to breakup the amp earlier? Any recommendations?
We can help but we need to get a few things strait first OK?

You say you only use the clean channel right? Why is that? Is it the type of music that you play or you use pedals for your core tone or what?

You say you want it to be as clean as possible but with as much tube tone as possible. That doesn't really make sense to me.

It seems that playing in a band and keeping your tone clean is important to you - yet you are too loud.

The last part is the most perplexing. You say you want the appropriate tubes to have less gain/volume so you can turn it up a little to get breakup earlier?

Can you see why that is confusing?

Don't worry though man, explaining tone and needs when it comes to guitar amplification is not that easy so we'll help you out.

Yes - I have some ideas in mind but lets get some of this sorted first. And yes, the HRD is insanely loud. Too loud for me even and I have loud amps. Also, what kind of music do you play?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 25, 2013,
I want this sucker to be as clean as possible with as much tube tone as possible. The HRD is very loud too which doesn't help. I feel like for my band I can't really go past 2 or I'm too loud.

whats being wrong with at 2? unless it is getting into breaking up (which i seem to remember the last one i played had a decent amount of headroom. i don't look at knobs when i tweak my amp, i just EQ by ear instead of looking at knobs, most of the time anyways.

my splawns are near silent until 2 then they are insanely loud, hardly bedroom volume, to deafening a quad of kt88's is balls on. doesn't stop from turning it up when i feel like though.

but answer 311's questions.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/